Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Ask Jim Brown what happens when a brawler meets a boxer.
Ask Hearns, Hagler, Camacho and Duran what happens when a hard puncher meets the kind of speed that Sugar Ray, a "light" puncher had, and took them to the late rounds.
For that matter ask Mayweather Sr. what happened when he fought Sugar Ray.
Weight being equal speed usually trumps power. BUT this will be a pro boxing fight. And what it comes down to is who is "supposed" to win.
Logic says Mayweather Jr. comes out on top, pick your round. But I damn sure wouldn't be the farm on it.

What is the longest fight that Conor has fought? I don't follow MMA so I'm not familiar with the format or the length of the fights. All I know about MMA is that I wouldn't want to face one of them any more than I would a pro boxer. But I gotta go with the 40-year old boxer on this one, especially if it goes the distance, or if Conor tires too quickly.

·
Senior Pirate
7,719 Posts
Here’s a video of a tragedy than never should have been allowed to happen. The guy is getting knocked down with a routine jab and the referee doesn’t see this?

You put all these things together and the inevitable happened; An overmatched and under skilled MMA fighter turned boxer coupled with a properly trained, and strong puncher and an incompetent referee. Sad as hell.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
That was truly tragic. If McGregor leads with his head the same will happen.

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
2 to 1 odds??? Sounds like you're not that confident at all in this "lock"
I agree that the odds are slim but WAY better than you think they are.:wink2:

Will do.
:wink2:

Mayweather was "only" -$600 after starting at -$1100 yesterday, so plenty of money is going on Conor due to odds shifting like that. If Mayweather drops a bit more, I'm going to take out the equity and a 2nd mortgage on my house. If there was ever a lock, this is it.

>:)

But -$1100 is silly and not worth it. Right after the first bell, Floyd could get shot by a sniper, he could have a plane crash into him, something crazy like that and cost me.
:wink2:

As far as friendly wagers here, I'm willing to take Mayweather and give 2-1 to anyone. You want to bet $50 on Conor, I'll send you $100 if Conor wins and you send me the $50 when Mayweather toys with then and stops him.
Or $10/$20, $20/$40, you know. I'm not rich so can't cover unlimited, but I'll take all the action I can handle from my VTX brothers who want to bet on Conor. Bring it.
nojoke
Conor is no David. Goliath takes this one, brother.

Edit to add, this wager offer is limited to posters I know from here as regulars, but I'm good for it. 100%.

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
2 to 1 odds??? Sounds like you're not that confident at all in this "lock"
I agree that the odds are slim but WAY better than you think they are.:wink2:
Vegas pays better, you're right. I only have what I have, but this is a lock. A bona fide, 100% lock---absent a work (my only concern at all). Conor has a 0% chance and the opening odds reflect that.

-$1100? Delusional folks have bet it down to the -$600 level on a prayer I guess, but seriously...

If you think there is any chance Conor McGregor can beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a BOXING match, well...

I know where you can get 2-to-1 odds on that wager, my friend.
:laugh:

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
RIP Tim. That was ugly and could have been stopped. I won't say should have because I'm not in the ref's head, but usually these things happen from an accumulation of damage. Not that quickly. I think he was "off"/damaged goods walking into this bout, myself.

Back OT:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/conor-mcgregor-vs-chris-van-200000991.html
April 7th, Tim had a concussion that indicated brain damage. He should never have been cleared to fight. He was a dead man standing at the end of the first round, the swelling just hadn't gotten there yet.

Back to McGregor/ Mayweather. An entirely different scenario IMO, but the sparring video is sad at best. I can't believe that is McGergor's best, or even, honest effort. Possible propaganda?

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
For some perspective, here is a 15 year-old kid sparring a grown-ass man professional UFC fighter in a ring:

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Again, realize that every boxer in this video is 1000 times better than Conor and hits 1000 times harder than Conor and moves 1000 times better than Conor and has 1000 times the boxing IQ of Conor.

And this includes his last few fights where he "just jabs and runs and doesn't have the stomach to get hit". LMFAO!!!

He'll (Conor) laugh all the way to the bank (if he isn't left disabled), but for anyone who thinks Floyd won't stand right in front of Conor and make him miss everything while boxing his ears off:

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Promo...

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Full presser from today..edit to add go to about 32 minutes in because that's when Conor takes the stage/it starts...

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
At 8:30PM EST (Showtime) "All Access Mayweather VS McGregor Episode 1" is on.

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Appears episode 1 is already up:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts