Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put Stabil in my tank and hooked up the Battery Tender today. Had to fix a busted pipe in my garage today also. Winter is not for grouchy old men like me. Please wake me when it's Spring.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Put Stabil in my tank and hooked up the Battery Tender today. Had to fix a busted pipe in my garage today also. Winter is not for grouchy old men like me. Please wake me when it's Spring.
Something must have changed as I got a little older because for the past few years I just wanna hibernate until the warm weather re-appears. Not enough daylight and this cold & wet weather has been getting to me a little, too.

See you in the spring. Just set your alarm For April 10 or so.

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could probably be coaxed out a little earlier than that if there was a hot spiced cider or a hot toddy involved :D

Mail went out to you today Pink.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Amen. It's becoming clearer why retirees flock to Florida by the tens of millions.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
In 30 years of riding...I've winterized my bikes for the first time.....with a full tank of fuel, stabil, and battery tender on both. Since they are sitting in the garage, the winter mods have begun.
I'm sending my seat on the Harley this week to Mean City Cycles to have it re-shaped and the double decker memory foam put in.

other mods for the winter on the HD are...
new style mini apes powdercoated vivid black
braded lines
screaming eagle air kit, race turner, custom dyno
powdercoating wheels vivid black with new rotors on front with black inserts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I could probably be coaxed out a little earlier than that if there was a hot spiced cider or a hot toddy involved :D

Mail went out to you today Pink.
Thanks, Tref.

When I was younger, I remember that the weather didn't maky any difference to me at all. I washed my car in it (the cold & the rain), played frisbee, went fishing and even rode my motorcycle year around (before I smartened up and got a car). I'm not sure what's changed, but it's just not the same anymore. Maybe it's the "been there, done that" feeling or something - I dunno. You can still find me building a fire in the rain or snow as long as it's not really coming down too hard. I sat on our back porch last week for hours just watching it snow and fed all the critters that happened along (we haven't seen the racoons for about a week now).
The Shadow is under the carport but still manages to get wet from the snow and rain blowing 4 to 5 feet in under the roof, so I guess i'm going to have to get a cover for it. It'll probably be best to do it after everything dries out a bit, though. Otherwise it'll just be a pile of rust if I put the cover on now & then pull it off after the weather warms up in April.

Sheesh! I think I'm starting to remind myself of Randy. Maybe when I'm his age...............oh nevermind :joke:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If I could get the beast out of my driveway, I could actually ride it, but I still need the 4x4 just to get in and out of it. 3 feet of snowplow snow to muck through and I'm not into shoveling it out of the way!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
oh man, oh man, oh man.....look at the Sunday forecast! It will be a balmy 42 as a high! :evil:

With out heated wear my cut off temp is 50! Nothing lower without risking life and limb riding like the michelin man!

Oh well.... always smile... it shows a false sense of having fun! :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Been there (in the wet and cold), and done that" definitely plays into my decisions too Pink. I just don't enjoy riding in inclement weather, and so long as I don't have to in order to put food on the table I just choose not to. I guess I'm either a wuss, I don't get enough out of riding, or my old bones just complain too much when I do it (or all three perhaps). Most days at this stage of my life I wake up to arthritis pain in my back even after sleeping in a warm bed. Too many years stocking and hanging sheetrock and framing metal studs in the cold, and it's taken its toll I guess. Maybe I just need another wife, one to keep both sides warm at night? :joke:

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I was just telling my co worker that I was having withdrawls. I sure hope the snow melts soon so I can get back on the bike, as soon as Clint takes it off the bike stand from making my engine gaurd chaps.
I won't be throwing in the towel this year. Now I have only been riding a few years so I have alot of riding years to make up for. so I don't mind riding in the rain and cold, just not the snow.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hey Keevin, If you need a cover, let me know. Just swing by and grab it or I'll drop it off the next time I'm out your way. It's just sitting in the shed doin nothing. Someone might as well get some use out of it.

Sounds like were all sufferin from this poor weather. Dang PMS! I've just been bored. New cruise pegs, cup holder, tour pac and an mp3 player all installed. Now I'm really ready to get out and go for a ride. Might just have to brave the elements on the 1/1/9. Sorry, I find the zero in 2000 anything redundant.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Keevin,Lonewolf you call yourselves Soggy Bottom Boyz?:joke: come now a little moister never hurt anyone to bad:joke: Keevin if you want to get the Shadow out of the weather bring it down here Ive got room next to mine in the shop:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Thanks guys. Lee - I think I'll take you up on that offer. I've never put any of my bikes away for the winter. I just start it up every week or so and keep the weather away as much as possible. Seems like the older I get, the longer the winters get - except when I had the Harley and lived in Wisconsin.

Oh well, in about 1000 years this place will be a tropical paradise - with all the global climate change and all. We should look as some prome real estate because you just know everyone's going to want to live here then.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey Ron,

Yep, I am one of the soggy bottom boyz!

However, I am not one of the frozen bottom boyz! That thought just gives flash backs of watching Dumb and Dumber! I loved that part. Anyway, we bacame the soggy bottom boyz in 67 degree weather in the summer and not 42 degree weather in the winter! I wanted to point that out. :dontknow:

I also want to thank you for the offer for all of us to park our scoots in your garage. That is very nice of you. Please make sure to only use the carnuba S100 wax on my scoot!

:cool:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey Ron,

Yep, I am one of the soggy bottom boyz!

However, I am not one of the frozen bottom boyz! That thought just gives flash backs of watching Dumb and Dumber! I loved that part. Anyway, we bacame the soggy bottom boyz in 67 degree weather in the summer and not 42 degree weather in the winter! I wanted to point that out. :dontknow:

I also want to thank you for the offer for all of us to park our scoots in your garage. That is very nice of you. Please make sure to only use the carnuba S100 wax on my scoot!

:cool:
Funny Scott Funny:DYours could only make mine look better:p

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Come on Scott, 67-42, it's only a few deg. difference. That's why they created the Capn. ;) help stay off the cold on a cool day. Not to mention, It's not going to snow in 42 deg. weather. Unless were hitting the pass.:mrgreen:

OK BOYS, WE IS GOIN BOARDIN. CATCH A BIT O FRESH POWER. :popcorn:
well, maybe not.:lol: But if you come Scott, I'll buy the first round.:beer3:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey lee,

That's what you said to Brian (bluefalcon) and he woke up the next morning with a hang over that only sugar donuts and pop tarts could cure.

Here is a quote from him in his words....

"And dang that Lee for bringing that spiced rum with him. I swear he had a mission to fill me up with that stuff and make me breath fire. Just glad the headache the next morning was only a low rumble. Nothing a couple pop tarts and some powdered sugar donuts couldn't take care of. "

Lee, :agree:you may not feel the cold anymore. That's because you can't feel your lips, mouth, nose and any other body part for that matter.

Just for Todd... I won't sign this post! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I rode mine this morning in the pouring rain. I hit a nice ice patch in my driveway getting out that felt a little uncomfortable. Glad I had the car tire or I would have landed on my arse. My lovely bride locked the keys in her car again at the gas station so I had to go save her. Damsel in distress!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts