Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now & again you are treated to outstanding service and I guess it's our duty to let our friends know just as well as if we get bad service.
A short while ago I bought a pair of Dunlop Elite 3 Radials for my 07 VTX Tourer that I had just bought. I've already posted the issues I've been having with the front end, so I e-mailed Jake Wilson explaining the problem, not knowing for sure if it was the tires, and could they offer any advice. This was on a Monday evening. By 1:00 P.M. the next day, they were on the phone to me (not e-mail) saying that they had forwarded my query to Dunlop and the result was that Dunlop told them they wanted my front tire back and that Jake Wilson should send out a new one PDQ. It arrived 2 days later with a prepaid shipping label to return the current tire.
It was not a case of taking off the tire & sending it back then they'd send a new one. The new tire was here right away and tomorrow I'll be taking a quick trip down to the border to send off the old tire (250 miles on it).
I bought my last tires from the for my 1300 and believe me, I'll be buying my next tires from them as well.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
good news

Wunderbar. So nice to hear about people who care. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
:thumbup: I got 21K on my first set of Elite 3s, got the second set on now + never a problem. Keep us advised.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Good to hear just another reason I'll use them again.Last year they had the best price on the Avons I bought for my bike.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Recently bought a front Avon from them. Cheapest by far and nobody would match the price plus quick shipping.

·
Old Goat
25,544 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Jake Wilson Rocks- It's where my Avon's came from.

Direct Line Parts (board sponsor) Rocks-It's where other stuff has come from.

I have no complaints with either place. But my tires came from Jake Wilson because they charged no tax. That $20.00 I saved bought me a full tank of gas and some cotton candy. :thumbup:

Now only if it would quit storming!

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
checked on front tire they have one for $103 avon venom

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about Jake Wilson, I always get my tires from them! It is refreshing to hear some positives about vendors from time to time, usually it's only the bad experiences you hear about.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about Jake Wilson, I always get my tires from them! It is refreshing to hear some positives about vendors from time to time, usually it's only the bad experiences you hear about.

:agree: +1 Good service should always be rewarded w/ future business!

Ride Safe
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
:thumbup: I got 21K on my first set of Elite 3s, got the second set on now + never a problem. Keep us advised.
I had a front tire problem with my 1st (and only) set of Dunlop E3's.... it didn't feel right from the get go and throughout the entire life of the tire, which wasn't very long actually. And oddly enough, the front and rear wore out at the same time. I am amazed at these reports of 21K or even over 12k (that wasn't a typo was it?). I have not experienced and can't imagine ANY M/C tire lasting 21K.... what is your secret?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Nope, no typo, 21,000 miles + the back could have gone longer. The front actually wore out first. 40 psi F+R checked once a week, that's about all I do. MY OEMs went almost 12K.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Everything I have oprdered from JakeWilson was received within days and the proce is usually lower than most places. I guess I could price match with HDL but I don't have the time of day to waste doing so

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I had a front tire problem with my 1st (and only) set of Dunlop E3's.... it didn't feel right from the get go and throughout the entire life of the tire, which wasn't very long actually. And oddly enough, the front and rear wore out at the same time. I am amazed at these reports of 21K or even over 12k (that wasn't a typo was it?). I have not experienced and can't imagine ANY M/C tire lasting 21K.... what is your secret?
we dont ride in the larger downtown areas of pennsylvania, u them yankee drivers , make a biker ride twice as fast or theyll run your ass over, so tires last less in pa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts