Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry christmas all!
Need help deciding on a new pipe for my 04 C. Thinking of switching to either the Roadhouse Shorty slip on or the Jardine shorty slip on. They look exactly the same, just wondering if anyone has heard or seen both of them.Pipe I have now is just too loud. Thanx for the input.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I suggest for you to go to a biker hang out and listen to them yourself. Everyone's ears are different and like different sounds. What I like may not be what you or anyone else will like.
I have Roadhouse classic exhaust and really like them. They have a deep but not so loud sound to them. They may sound different though.
dd

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Very happy with the Roadhouse. Have heard (not to offend anyone) that the Jardine is a little 'blatty'. Grab the R'house during the sale. You will be happy with it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
YouTube.com has a lot of short movies on different sounding pipes. Might want to take a listen to some of them. Also try a net search for that subject as I've ran onto other sites that have the same thing. At least you might get an idea of what you like to hear.

·
Super Moderator
64,224 Posts
Sound is very subjective. What I may like, you may hate. Now you've spent $500 or more on a system that you can't stand the sound of. I've heard this many times over the years on this board.
"I just purchased an exhaust from recommendations from this board and they sound horrible. What do I do now?"
Best thing to do is find your state board from this list; http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=75
Then find out when & where fellow VTXOA members are getting together and go introduce yourself and have a listen. 8)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have one of each on a 2003 and a 2004. I cannot tell the difference in sound or performance. Buy the cheaper pipe. You will like it. Deep rumble and good power, especially with a new intake. A power commander is optional but is suggested. I use a Power Commnder on both bikes now, no decel popping.

·
Registered
210 Posts
roadhouse.

Very happy with the Roadhouse. Have heard (not to offend anyone) that the Jardine is a little 'blatty'. Grab the R'house during the sale. You will be happy with it.
+1 on the roadhouse. Sounds great not blatty and not obnoxious.:agree:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've got the Jardine on my 1800 C... with the desmog done and after about 25,000 miles... the sound has gotten deeper and better than when 1st put on. I suspect that would be the case for any aftermarket set you go with.

All that said, like Spike said, go find someone who has it and then make your decision. That's what I did.

Good luck with the hunt!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts