Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know until recently that JC Whitney also has a motorcycle catalog. I orderd one and I'm pleased to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of stuff for the VTX and other models as well and competively priced. The catalog also has a "special" section for Harley Davidson cuz you guys are special! :joke:The catalog also has a dedicated section for Goldwing drivers. I dono why cuz they ain't as special as the hog drivers I ride with! :joke: Now that I've pissed off everybody here's a link to the catalog www.jcwhitney.com or you can call them at 1-800-853-4227 to order a free catalog.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I've ordered from them off & on since the mid-70's.
Some of their chrome (ordered long ago) was not of the best quality and would rust fairly quickly, but, as you mentioned, there are some good deals to be had.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
JCW Isn't all bad if you're looking for cheap parts.
But keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

·
Banned
24,429 Posts
Back in the 60's they had so many mpg gadgets to increase mileage that if you used them all you would get 200mpg with a V/8:D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
7,111 Posts
I've ordered from them off & on since the mid-70's.
Some of their chrome (ordered long ago) was not of the best quality and would rust fairly quickly, but, as you mentioned, there are some good deals to be had.
Well Pink, now that we have slowly moved toward becoming fair(er) weather riders, that rusting process should slow down a bit, eh? :joke:

Did you get my mail?

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
They are even slowing down as they just laid off 18 people here.

Sometimes I go there on a Saturday where they have a discount room when somebody returns parts they dont want:p

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Well Pink, now that we have slowly moved toward becoming fair(er) weather riders, that rusting process should slow down a bit, eh? :joke:

Did you get my mail?
Tref - sorry I didn't see this for a couple of days. Yes I got your mail - and thank you! I thought I had replied to everyone, but apparently missed a couple of you.

Yup - slowing the rusting is a good thing and I had a cover on the Shadow for a couple of weeks, but every time the wind blows I have to go and tie it down again. I need to find a different system.

Just went out and ran her for 10 minutes or so to keep the lube flowing and keep the battery charged. I keep hearing about some warm weather coming. I'll be ready.

·
Super Moderator
7,111 Posts
No worries Pink.

The weather is supposed to clear on Monday and stay clear for a week at least, maybe two. They're also saying we could see some temps in the 50s. I'm hoping to get out for a ride next Saturday, and meet a friend for coffee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts