Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me as to how the shifter linkage hooks up. Bought these used and seller did the best he could for insturctions, I think I got it all but the linkage. It has a threaded end and the other end of the rod has nothing. HOW DOES That hold?????
Thanks,
Smoke II

·
Registered
653 Posts
You should be able to unsrew your stock linkage and thread this onto the end and thread it back into the ball joint. You should be able to see it in this pic, the black piece.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right 'bama but the inside ARE there No threads? One end is the male threaded and the other end is female and has no threads. That right????

By the way thanks for the quick reply with pic. Yes we are looking at the same piece.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Look up inside the female end. It should be threaded but they don't go all the way to the end. If it's not threaded then it's not the correct piece.

Steve

·
Registered
831 Posts
Right 'bama but the inside ARE there No threads? One end is the male threaded and the other end is female and has no threads. That right????

By the way thanks for the quick reply with pic. Yes we are looking at the same piece.
Smoke
Sent you a PM
K

·
Registered
653 Posts
Look up inside the female end. It should be threaded but they don't go all the way to the end. If it's not threaded then it's not the correct piece.

Steve
:agree:
I believe Steve is correct. Has been a while. I tried putting it on the other end so it would be hidden but dont remember why it wouldn't work(reverse threads???) It should be threaded up inside the 'hollow' end. If not then you got a bad piece:tools::tools:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts