Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am putting on new pipes ( HK 3" Big Straights) and a new hypercharger (Kuryakyn Pro-R Hypercharger) on my 2005 VTX 1300 S. My question is what stage jet kit should I go with. Some have said that the stage 1 kit is fine, while others have said that the stage 2 kit is the way to go. Also, is there a certain jet kit that is better/easier to work with than another? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
dont get a duno jet stage 1 2 or 3 kit there crap on the x

factory pro stage 3 kit will work with all pipes and intakes from stock to extreme flowing intakes. and its easy to tune

·
Registered
292 Posts
Stage 3 Factory Pro kit. You can get it at several places on line. Got mine at BikeBandit.com.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Factory pro

I'm recieving FACTORY PRO STAGE 3 for my VTX 1300 tommorrow. I have a Hypercharger and Vance & Hines Bigshots. All the guys here told me thats the way to go.

Heard any kind of *DINO, COBRA* jet kit is garbage.

Paid $89...includes shipping which was $12

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
Bought the individual jets I needed. I have the Kury Pro R with Bub's.

I'm running at DJ 190
DJ58 pilot
two shims under the needle.
Stock spring cut down to (almost) minimum length.

IMHO, don't listen to the folks that trash talk dynojet parts, some have never used them just "heard" they are no good. Some have had bad luck. . .

I've had no problems with mine at all. :dontknow:

All I'm saying, get what's available to you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've used both the dyno jet and the factory pro. I've had better luck with the FP kit in my VTX with my set-up.

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
After doing a lot of reading on this subject the Factory Pro stage 3 is the only way to go. Other Jet kits are just too hard to dial in.
I have the Factory Pro stage 3 to be delivered ether tomorrow or Tuesday - It is with in 80miles from my house when I last checked the tracking number. Then I will be able to start putting my bike back together. Wo! Hoo!.

Donut

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don’t listen to these folks on here when it comes to the Dyno Jet kit... It is a fantastic kit for the X's if you want headaches, problems tuning.... Oh and if you really want to regret ever jetting your bike and missing the run of the stock tuning... Def do the Dyno...

I personally had the Dyno Stage 1 put on my bike BEFORE i found this board and WOW... I really miss stock... But fortuniately there is a member here who directed me to the Factory Pro Stage 3 and is willing to assist in the install and tune...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Don’t listen to these folks on here when it comes to the Dyno Jet kit... It is a fantastic kit for the X's if you want headaches, problems tuning.... Oh and if you really want to regret ever jetting your bike and missing the run of the stock tuning... Def do the Dyno...

I personally had the Dyno Stage 1 put on my bike BEFORE i found this board and WOW... I really miss stock... But fortuniately there is a member here who directed me to the Factory Pro Stage 3 and is willing to assist in the install and tune...
Actually, you have two problems...

1. The DJ kit.

2. The shop you had tune it. I won't name them publicly... ;)

We'll get you set up tonight. I'm sure you'll have a smile all the way home!

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts

I hear hes a real Troll!:joke:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Check out this thread I started a couple days ago. But I'll sell you a slightly used Dyno jet kit.:lol: The kits from FP are all the same parts stage 2 or 3.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298534
Ya, FP kits are the same whether you get a stage 1 or 3. The included paperwork will be different.

I hear if you mix a stage 1 kit with a stage 3 kit in the same box it becomes a stage 4... That may just be a rumor though.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ya, FP kits are the same whether you get a stage 1 or 3. The included paperwork will be different.

I hear if you mix a stage 1 kit with a stage 3 kit in the same box it becomes a stage 4... That may just be a rumor though.
Maybe that was the stage 2 that I was talking about. :lol: The way I see it if you mix the DJ kit with the leftovers from the FP kit that you didn't use you get a stage -1. -3 for the DJ kit and+2 for half a FP kit! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the Factory Pro stage 3 to be delivered ether tomorrow or Tuesday - It is with in 80miles from my house when I last checked the tracking number. Then I will be able to start putting my bike back together. Wo! Hoo!.
Donut
My FP stage 3 with the Long Boy A/F screw came in today. Read the instruction and I have to admit that its confusing. I have no issues stripping the thing down to the frame but when it comes to dialing in the carb,,I'm useless. So I will do what others do and rely on the expeience and knowledge of others to get this thing dialed in. And I WILL be asking. I need to buy a new stock vacuum spring though. I cut mine down an inch when I did the Scar and if Poison says "get a new stock spring" I will get a new stock spring before I start. I will start with the 210 main and a 58 jet with the clip at 2 or 3 from the end just to get things started.

·
Registered
790 Posts
My FP stage 3 with the Long Boy A/F screw came in today. Read the instruction and I have to admit that its confusing. I have no issues stripping the thing down to the frame but when it comes to dialing in the carb,,I'm useless. So I will do what others do and rely on the expeience and knowledge of others to get this thing dialed in. And I WILL be asking. I need to buy a new stock vacuum spring though. I cut mine down an inch when I did the Scar and if Poison says "get a new stock spring" I will get a new stock spring before I start. I will start with the 210 main and a 58 jet with the clip at 2 or 3 from the end just to get things started.
The instruction sheet gives some setups with different filters and pipes and different locals. I just went with what it says to start with on the sheet and guessed at the air fuel screw based on what I had the DJ kit at.

For my setup I started with the 215 main and 58 pilot with the needle on 4th clip from top and 2 turns on the a/f. So far its great but I'm going to wait to dial it in 100% when its in the 70's here. Might have to wait for July it seems.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
For my setup I started with the 215 main and 58 pilot with the needle on 4th clip from top and 2 turns on the a/f. So far its great but I'm going to wait to dial it in 100% when its in the 70's here. Might have to wait for July it seems.:thumbup:[/QUOTE]
Chiuck what pipes and intake are you running.

Doug

1 - 20 of 33 Posts