Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find anything on this using the search option. I remember it was mentioned in the past on a thread. Do our bikes use this type of screw and if so, where did you purchase the Drivers?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Our bikes do use JIS screws.
You can find drivers on Amazon easily and inexpensive.
Filed Phillips may work in a bind, but I MUCH prefer my JIS driver

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
A light touch with the tip on a bench grinder is sufficient to get those screws out. Used on the handlebar controls?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I remove the the two screws that hold the headlight in place with a large Phillips which does not fit well. I did not realize all the variations there were. Maybe that has been my problem. I will have to look into this. What say you?

·
Super Moderator
63,659 Posts
I remove the the two screws that hold the headlight in place with a large Phillips which does not fit well. I did not realize all the variations there were. Maybe that has been my problem. I will have to look into this. What say you?
Read my post above, never needed a special screwdriver for the 2 screws on the bike like that. The rest are nuts and bolts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Maybe it's because of the abuse of the previous owner, but I have needed my JIS driver on my hand controls, headlight, and taillight assemblies in order to grip enough and not strip the corroded screws. It's also helped a ton on my Trail 90 and other small engines & carburetors.

·
Old Goat
24,760 Posts
Harbor freight or northern have a good selection of appropriate bits for our bikes....growing up I used whatever I had ...now that I’m FLUSH..I like the right tools for the job...:grin2:....good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts