Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will admit that to seek knowledge one has to be able to humble themselves. I have looked at alot of your post and have determined that you have much more knowledge than I do (In your chosen field) So You have gained my respect, even if your answers are short and incomplete. Since I value your input, I need to admit that...
#1 Need to ask you for advice
#2 Need to realize that you have probably answered these questions before.

So, here is the question.... VTX, 1300 R Installed HK 2.5s and,Yes the HyperchargerPro for more air. Ok I used the jet kit that came with the Hypercharge which changed out the #65 Pilot and #185 Main jet also 0.8mm needle shim.
Your post said that this would not work, which left me wondering why?
I know that you have experience that I may never achieve, so I am asking you to tell me what would be the best that I can do, with this setup.
No, I do not have access to a Dyno testing.

Thank you:

Malachi

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
becuase the pilot jet is too big and the oem spring is to stiff for good throttle responce

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then I change the pilot jet back to OEM and remove the shim, and buy a jet kit. Like maybe the Dyno jet kit, what would be a good place to start as far as the jet size?
And Yes, Thank you for responding to my questions? I really do mean it. Its nice to have someone that will share their knowledge.

Malachi

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
well there are other ways but
you could go 1 size bigger on pilot, 3rd or4th clip on a DJ needle with spring, and a 195 dj main

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Johnnycheese said:
well there are other ways but
you could go 1 size bigger on pilot, 3rd or4th clip on a DJ needle with spring, and a 195 dj main
Does the DJ kit come with larger pilots?
Ok, now the OEM pilot was #55 and I went up to a #65 now and the OEM Main jet was #195 and I went down to #185. So, then do you feel that it would be better to increase both the pilot and the main. I will order a dyno jet kit, do you sell these kits? You can pm me with that info if you would like.

Thanks,
Malachi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts