Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the bosch 3323 for the 1300 also :wink: and what weight of oil do you use? thanks Dan

·
Registered
379 Posts
filter

Dan, Yes 3323 is what jon has me using.
Just jumped in incase you could not wait for sleepy jon to wake up. :lol:

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
tubbythetuba said:
I'm using a 3300.....It's a little shorter.
Personally I use the longer one. 8)

More filtration for the same price. :)

Why- what were you thinking?

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
Yep, both the 3300 and 3323 will work just fine. Like Sam and Steve said, the 3323 is longer and has more filtration :wink:

Steve, I was a little sleepy since I don't get home till about midnight and I'm sicker than shiite right now. I'm trying to get well enought to ride all day Saturday :wink:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
NDAna said:
tubbythetuba said:
I'm using a 3300.....It's a little shorter.
Personally I use the longer one. 8)

More filtration for the same price. :)

Why- what were you thinking?[/quote]

Not thinking....some fly-by-nite wrench cranker named Jan, or somthing like that, mentioned that it would fit.... :lol: :p

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Can't use a filter wrench on the 3323 without removing the coolant reservoir (for those who are torque-spec addicts) - not sure about the 3300. I hand tightened the 3323 down - hopefully I can get that sucker off when it's time to change it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I can always use the "screw-driver" trick to get it off. 8)

Dave~

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Make sure there is only ONE gasket. Turn filter on till gasket just starts to rub then turn another quarter turn- fill with oil- start engine. Always check for leaks- RIDE!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
NDAna said:
Make sure there is only ONE gasket. Turn filter on till gasket just starts to rub then turn another quarter turn- fill with oil- start engine. Always check for leaks- RIDE!
DOH!!! :x I tightened it way too much than! Gonna hafta He-man that sucker off when it comes time. No leaks though, so that's good. :lol:

Dave~

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
pilkedw said:
jon now what about the second half of the question
10/40 Amsoil Motorcycle specific oil, it's called MCF :wink: I have some in quarts or gallon jugs now 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.