Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of you guys make it out for this event. We went last year not to huge but a good time.

If your planning on coming out post up. Would be interisted in meeting up somewhere and planning a ride possibly.

http://www.sturgisontheriver.com/

Thursday, Friday, Saturday

·
Registered
387 Posts
sounds good

I think I can how about hotels in the area????
or just pass out drunk on the ground somewhere

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.....

should be plenty of hotels or if you want to camp.. Campground delashady will be open at my place. We live in the country nuthin fancy but open for guests, and have some space around the yard for tents... Got a Big assed weber grill to :p beer, beer brats, beer and fire pit :roll:

Clinton is only 20 miles north of the event. lots of hotels in davenport though if your not in the Roughin it mood.

My uncle might be riding his X down around then with his Gal and her 1300X for the event also.

any one else?

Dave.....

·
Super Moderator
63,767 Posts
Is the Iowa Machine Shed still there? My wife&I vacationed there about 13 years ago(just married and not a bunch of cash, plus the river boat gambling was new). 8)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup on the

Machine Shed spike... great food there for sure. nothing like farm family style resturants.

Indiana... heck if your willing to drive that far come on down!

If you that are coming want to make a day trip up to clinton I would be willing to host the BBQ at my place. Maybe on the Friday or saturday afternoon. Take a nice ride up river to savanna from davenport. Stop off at Poopys and cross the mississippi back to Iowa and BBQ out here.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Re: Sturgis on the River

Mickenhiemer said:
There are a few of us planning to leave saturday Morning, staying until Sunday late morning. We have people in Addison, St. Charles and Capron. If interested, join us! Oh, I forgot, we are making a stop at J&P Cycles before we arrive in Davenport.
:twisted:
Who's from Capron, just down the road from me (7mi). Great bar there called the Stumble Inn, Bartender there is a great looking gal named Sue, lot's of fun too (in a good sense).

Mike

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
I have to put that date in mind .The wife has uncles and cousins in your area. Could time to see them if we can make it :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
side trip

How about a side trip to Southern Comfort

Is it still there

·
Registered
387 Posts
side trip

Theater fopr the performing arts it's north of the quad cities near the airport
I can't tell you street names just know how to get there

·
Registered
252 Posts
NO, Southern Comfort is out in Mount Joy...just up Brady (51 I think) just out of town a little bit from D-Port. Actually on the way up to Clinton. I have been there a few too many times during my college days.

I now prefer Tuxedoes out there...and if I make it out for this one I will be making a pit stop at Bleyarts Tap...but I guarantee my bike will be parked somewhere safe and away from me if I enter that place.

·
Registered
387 Posts
right

That's the place
been there many times too could not afford it in my college days
been to Tuxedo's as well I guess we'll just have to do 2 side trips

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Re: side trip

Johnny B said:
Theater fopr the performing arts
:wink: we usally call them the "ballet's" in Canada! :D

·
Registered
819 Posts

bluto said:
Johnny B said:
Theater fopr the performing arts
:wink: we usally call them the "ballet's" in Canada! :D

before ya listen to that, ask him how many yards long is a football field. wacky canadians....or is it canadiens? hmmmmm

·
Registered
387 Posts
ballet

never seen a ballet like this place
We should have a ride just to go there

jb

·
Registered
3,616 Posts

MikeWerk said:
before ya listen to that, ask him how many yards long is a football field. wacky canadians....or is it canadiens? hmmmmm
110 yards and only 3 downs! Any body can make a handoff and bull for 3 yards :shock: The field is also wider. Makes for a more open game. Oh yeah, we also put the fieldgoal posts in a different spot :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts