Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I just put in my new windshield today and I love it. I also get to hear all those funny noises I never heard before. Nothing I wasn't expecting though, I've had it happen on other bikes I've owned in the past. The one question I did have is I here a funny clicking from time to time almost like a switch going on and off. I was wondering if this was the pair valve I've read about. I also find the valves a little noisey but I'm going to check them anyway. I'm not too concerned with them because a loud vale is better than a tight quiet one.
I love the way this bike just rolls down the highway, you can cruise at 75 all day long just as smooth as glass.
The only time I have a problem is turning into the parking lot at work... for some reason the bike wants to keep going past it. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
It could be your fan coming on and shutting off.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have the same problem with my bike. Not just the work parking lot but it is really hard turning into my driveway also. Some reason it just wants to keep rolling along. As far as the clicking noises. i recommend a louder exhaust then you won't notice all the little noises the bike makes. LOL It
probably is the pair valve. But make sure if the bike is up to temp the fan does come on. It could be a relay for the fan and the fan not working. The only time my fan comes on is extremely hot days sitting or super slow cruising.
Ride safe
Smokey

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
NewEngland Jim said:
The only time I have a problem is turning into the parking lot at work... for some reason the bike wants to keep going past it. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I seem to have the same problem with mine. :lol:

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
The only time I have a problem is turning into the parking lot at work... for some reason the bike wants to keep going past it.
I think it's the nature of the beast, as I have the same problem.

·
Registered
998 Posts
When you do your valves, remove,disable,block off, whatever, your pair valves. Then you have eliminated that as being the noise (which I doubt it is). But you'll get rid of the decel popping... The fan kicking on and off sounds like a good guess, as stated above.

D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts