Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A woman walks into her doctor's office, scared of the strange development
recent to the inside of her thighs... a green spot on the inside of each.
They won't wash off, they won't scrape off, and they seem to be getting
worse. The doctor assures her he'll get to the bottom of this, and that she
needn't worry until tests come back.

He sends her home. A few days later, the woman's phone rings. Much to her
relief, it's the doctor.

She immediately begs to know what's going on with these spots?

"You're perfectly healthy--there's no problem. But I'm wondering: is your
boyfriend a Harley guy?" the doctor asks.

"Yes--how did you know?"

"Tell him his earrings aren't real gold."

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey Father X. You got a Harley now. You should know this!!!! :lol:

tlyoungb

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Denise,
His brain has been warped by the Harley hipe and propaganda, he may not get it. :wink:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Father X said:
tlyoungb said:
Hey Father X. You got a Harley now. You should know this!!!! :lol:

tlyoungb
Nope... still don't get it! :)
Thats 'cause momma still aint talking to him,much less letting him rub his earrings there. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Opps I see a smiley Face. I think he got it.

tlyoungb

G

·
0 Posts
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The "joke" is older than dirt..............with the exception of substituting "Harley" for "Gypsy".

Did'ja ever wonder why most all of the Police Dept's choose Harley Davidson motorcycles?

............no matter how much people try to make their rice burners look like Harleys (whitewalls.......passing lamps.......high quality chrome and leather, etc.) they will never be the "real deal".

Just ask the men and women who actually own them.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
that is totally not true Highlander. know LOTS of REAL MEN with earrings.

pains me to say that xcelr8 is correct. the only way i had ever heard the joke is with the gypsy reference.

as far as real deals, i did own a harley. many of them. before they were so-called "popular". Dad even rode a harley thru the AMF days. i am not a "newbie" harley person, and without slamming anyone's choice respect all who ride, no matter what.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I agree with dpearly there. I rode a harley for 20 years. I enjoyed every min. of it too. But now! I can't justify the price tag. If they came down in price, then I might consider it. But I can't get on a Road King or a bigger bike what I got on my VTX for the money I spent. MONEY is the key. I don't care anymore about name, MONEY IS THE KEY. Get the price down, and I would take a Harley in a heart beat, but if the price keeps like it is. Well I have the MEMORIES.

Tlyoungb

G

·
0 Posts
The title of this thread is "Just a little dig".

Why did H'lander feel it was necessary to substitute names? Could it have been a Freudian slip?

............and I respect everyones choice to ride whatever they want........it's just so much better on a Harley.

These silly comments always remind me of the the guy driving a Taurus telling a Benz owner..........."who needs it? My Ford will get me there just as quick as your Benz." :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
tlyoungb said:
I agree with dpearly there. I rode a harley for 20 years. I enjoyed every min. of it too. But now! I can't justify the price tag. If they came down in price, then I might consider it. But I can't get on a Road King or a bigger bike what I got on my VTX for the money I spent. MONEY is the key. I don't care anymore about name, MONEY IS THE KEY. Get the price down, and I would take a Harley in a heart beat, but if the price keeps like it is. Well I have the MEMORIES.

Tlyoungb
God, I love an honest man!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i absolutely agree that is was so silly to compare an american made vehicle to a foreign made one. especially german engineering.

however, german engineering tends to slightly overanalyze what they produce and thereby making an extremely well-made machine, but difficult to work on or figure out. guess that would be more understandable on the higher pricing.

Harley is definitely a more well-known machine than some of the others, but to try to use the same comparison of the engineering/price/quality of the harley vs VTX (for example) to the difference in a taurus vs a mercedes. the superiority % on the car comparison vastly out weigh the % difference (which is agrued as to which way it goes) on the motorcycle comparison.

I do agree with you on the switch name thing tho. funny thing is that most "harley" people never wore earrings as a mainstream thing. it was more of the grunge (Nirvana) and punk era that dominated the piercings. then the whole yuppy thing kicked in.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts