Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just bought a late model (2005) 1300c
The bike is clean a couple minor scratches in the paint. engine runs like dream the electrical is all on point. But there are a few cosmetic issues little bits of rust on some screws and clamps. Where can I buy replace fittings and screws and clamps from? I’m having trouble finding what I’m looking for

·
Old Goat
25,403 Posts
Welcome.....For OEM stuff I like the link below...others will be along with their .02.....good luck

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The bike is clean a couple minor scratches in the paint. engine runs like dream the electrical is all on point. But there are a few cosmetic issues little bits of rust on some screws and clamps. Where can I buy replace fittings and screws and clamps from? I’m having trouble finding what I’m looking for
I frequently cruise by the repair shop/shops and ask the shop foreman for a few samples.

If I need to buy it, fine .

Much of this is generic.:cool:

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
I have seen a few where the Allen head rusts. Chrome fingernail polish or snap on some bolt covers. A Little snap in on the Allen head recess.

Reactions: INRIvtx

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
When you can get around to it, and find sources like the specialty bins @ Lowe's & H Depot, or Fastenal, swap out the OEM for stainless metrics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts