Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Got a question.
I was on the way from De Ridder La. to Cleveland Tx. I was about 4 miles East of Woodville Tx. temp was about 75, about 10:00 am. Speedo was sitting on 78 and I was just taking in the air.
POP< POW and it was dead. I tried the reserve to no avail even the choke till I ran out of speed and stopped. Got off, pulled out the tools and found I did have ignition. I put in a spark plug in the wire to see the size of the spark and I had good spark. Third time I hit the starter, it started. I could tell the it was electronic. Awful smell and spit and sputterd and boom, runsd good. What happened and what should I check for. That was 4 days ago and still running good. :?

·
Registered
264 Posts
And while you have the seat off check the wires going into the ECM on top of your battery cover.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
also make sure your tank vent line isn't pinched.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
VMan said:
And while you have the seat off check the wires going into the ECM on top of your battery cover.
Ditto, ECM wires are known to break causing all kinds of nasty spits, sputters and the like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.