Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used Young Guns seat off of E-Bay. Arrived in great condition, but I was wondering if the stock rear seat screw will work with the Corbin. My bike is at home, and I am going riding after work, so was hoping to go home, install the new seat, and take off. I never mess with the rear seat bolt, since I ride with the solo seat all the time, so I don't know if I had bought a new Corbin seat, if maybe it came with a larger bolt head or something. Anyone know if the stock one will work? Thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Grizz....you can use the stock hardware to mount the young guns....I put a rubber o-ring between the tab on the seat and the fender, the tab is kinda sharp :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't overtighten...

Yup, the stock acorn nut worked for mine too.....just be careful not to overtighten the bolt, because if you do, the fender support bracket under the fender will cause it to flatten out the area around the bolt and appear to dimple the top of the fender around the bolt making it noticable when you go back to solo riding. Snug, but not tight. 10mm socket.

My experience, my opinion. Just FYI. :wink:

Hope this helps,
Clayton.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used the stock hardware on my bike also. Iy seemed like i really had t push down on the back to get the seat to drop over the stud. Just wanted to make you aware of that in case you also run into the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts