Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's offical I got laid off today.Sucks had to drive 35 miles both ways to have them tell me.:evil::banghead::cus:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Totally sucks man.

I was ALMOST let go a couple months ago. We were very scared.

So now what?

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
:shock:Sorry to hear this Rob.:dontknow: Have no idea when this will get better either. Hang in there Bro.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mail box money ain't to bad. got it right before x-mass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel your pain,Happened to me yestarday.Look for the mail box money for now,but will have to look for another job before to long.

Eddie

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sorry about your loss, I went thru that this past September but have adjusted some things. At 61 I'm not in the top rung when they go to hire, they won't say it in so many words but I am to old for most of them to consider me.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Sorry about your loss, I went thru that this past September but have adjusted some things. At 61 I'm not in the top rung when they go to hire, they won't say it in so many words but I am to old for most of them to consider me.
Age...ain't it great. They want our knowledge and experience but are scared of the "health" issues. They never ask about your age but all they have to do is look at when you graduated on the resume.

Good luck Rob......hope you find something soon.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well I got my layoff letter from American Airlines on Jan 2. I might have to relocate to another city for a while to keep my job. I put in for Miami and Los Angeles. Sorry man....

Keith

·
Registered
424 Posts
Rob-
Sorry to hear about your job. Best of luck with your search for a new one, with Racine's unemployment over 10% it's not gonna be easy.:( I'll let you know if I hear of anything...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry Rob, hope you find a better job soon.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Age...ain't it great. They want our knowledge and experience but are scared of the "health" issues. They never ask about your age but all they have to do is look at when you graduated on the resume.

Good luck Rob......hope you find something soon.
Never put graduation date(s) on resumes and don't go back more than 15 years on job experience unless it's STRONGLY related to the position you're applying for. My high school and college grad dates are >25 years apart, which one would an employer put more weight on?

Sorry for the bad news, it's really tough out there. I'm hunkered down and am doing what I do, we're so busy that we're hiring another admin person. Good typing, database, and phone skills anyone?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it's going to be hard finding a job making what i made money and benifit wise probably going to have to get 2 jobs

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Well it's offical I got laid off today.Sucks had to drive 35 miles both ways to have them tell me.:evil::banghead::cus:
welcome aboard..your now in the elete couch potato gang MC
like me...:thumbup:

things will hopefully perk up..

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
This really sucks Rob, we talked about this last night over a few Coronas, and some very special tequila got for me by one of my very best brothers here. I dont remember ever seeing things so crappy. 2008 was definatly the worst year my wife and I ever had. I think if she would have been in school one more week even we would have been lossing everything. It is still bad but we are atleast holding are own right now, and even maybe by next week strating to chip away at some more crap we need to pay.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Well that really sucks, I hope things will work out for you.

I work at a Toyota auto dealership. I work in service so even though things have slowed down a lot, I'm still working. Dont know if you can translate your past work history to another career but keep the faith.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts