Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my speedohealer today and I put it on followed all the directions. Went out and retested my spedometer and it was 100% on, like perfect. Before I put the healer on when I was doing 75 mph I was really doing 66 mph. I have now become so sad. I thought I was so cool driving around corners at high speed. Now it turns out to be not so high. Now when I do 95 mph on the bike I am really doing 95 and that was a whole different feeling than before. Honda should be ashamed making us think incorrectly about our speed and our mileage. When you put this truth machine on your bike it changes much about the qualitys of the bike. All in all I love it. Now I can make fun of those people who tell me how fast they made that turn, etc, etc.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Where'd ya get your 'healer, mike? :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
healer

http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm They are nice people and shipped it right away total cost was about $96.00. Of all my upgrades I would have to place this one right above the progressive springs. I'm the kind of guy who when I look at my watch I don't want to do math to figure out what time it is.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Order it from Cal-Sportbike here in the states. They're the North American distributor. http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/sto ... gi?pid=800

You guys are lucky...they've got the correct plug nowadays. Back when I originally got mine, they just sent you the healer with 6 wires that you had to insert into your harness and then tape it up. Norbert sent me one of their new plugs here a few months ago which simply plugs into each side of the factory connector and makes the install SO much smoother. I took a couple of photos of it when I got it all done up right and sent to him which he put on Speedohealer's website as the "official" instructions for the VTX1300. :)

G

·
speedhealer

You da man Jeremy!! I've thanked you before personally and on this board as well.

I followed your directions installing my speedohealer, especially the settings and my bike is right on the money now! Thank you again!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Re: speedhealer

cobrakidx said:
You da man Jeremy!! I've thanked you before personally and on this board as well.

I followed your directions installing my speedohealer, especially the settings and my bike is right on the money now! Thank you again!!
Hey...it's no problem at all. I have had MANY of ya'll do writeups for various things that have helped me, so I'm glad to return the favor. That's what this board is all about guys.

I just find it a little funny that we can writeup better directions than the folks that make this stuff. :lol: I was reading someone's writeup on the brake away throttle lock and they mentioned that the instructions were worthless. I remember thinking that same thing when I installed it. Too bad so many of these manufacturers don't spend the time and effort to take a technical writing class and do these things up right.

For any of your newbies out there - you might want to take a hop on over to http://www.vtx1300tips.com which is NC Brew's page. He's a longtime member (from the OLD board), Amsoil dealer and all around good guy who has donated the time and webspace to compile a bunch of these tips and techniques for us. He's got info on pretty much most of the common mods. VERY good info.

G

·
speedohealer

You got that right Jeremy. Those companies just want to sell their product and be done with you. What they don't think about is the "word of mouth" advertising we customers do w/ our friends and on boards like this!

·
Registered
332 Posts
hey mike or rainman. where did you end up sticking the healer? i've been thinking about getting one but i want to make sure i can tuck it out of the way. does it fit under the seat next to the ecm?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
This thing's really pretty small. It's only about the size of a motel sized bar of soap...maybe a little thicker. I just tucked mine down in a spot under the side cover and cable tied it in place.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
healer

I double sided taped the unit to the door of the tool box. This way all you have to do is remove the side cover and then you can get at the unit. One of the functions of the unit is keeping a record of your top speed so it is real easy to get to and push the recall button.

·
Registered
332 Posts
great ideas. i didn't realize it was that small. how tough is it to calibrate if you don't have a gps?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
healer

It took me about 15 minutes to install. I went down the freeway used a stop watch held my bike at 60 mph recorded the time to run the mile markers in my case it was I think 55 seconds. I then went to the online calculator typed the numbers in and it told me what switches to move.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hey Mike, this is probably a stupid question, but I gotta ask... can you close the sidecover with it plugged in like that? if not, where do you stash the connector so's it doesn't get wet/dirty?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
healer

No stupied questions just stupid answers. With it on the tool box I left enough slack to open the box and the side cover does not hit the box or connector

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
ink said:
great ideas. i didn't realize it was that small. how tough is it to calibrate if you don't have a gps?
Are you going to Thunder Beach? If so, I'll be there and you're welcome to use my GPS to compare your real speed vs indicated speed. As a starting point - mine was something like just a tick over 9% off meaning that my speedo was showing 9% faster than the bike was actually going. Yours is probably similar and within + or - 1%.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just hope the guy putting out the mile markers wasn't having a bad day. what if he decided to short them by a couple hundred feet?......just my thoughts. been thinking about getting the healer too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
healer

Itech Ifin' the guy did shorteded or longeded the distance no problem cause you can always reprogram it with new settings.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did check my trip odometer against my wifes new car and mine read 1/10 miles more than hers. Sounds like that's the 10% everyone talks about. Think I will order me one of them gadgets.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Re: healer

I'm not sure, is it mounted inside the door or on the outside of the door.
I still use my tool box.
If on the outside is it waterproof.

donut

1 - 20 of 58 Posts