Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I recommend these for sure. They sound great and are loud. Not terribly, but loud enough where you will get noticed. I like the sound very much. I'm sure I would have liked the Cobras as well, but decided on these because I preferred the looks over the Cobras. Many people seem happy with many different pipes, so this is just one more vote for V&H Big shots. if you prefer their looks over others.

I have one question. I took out the pair valve and put in a K&N air filter. The bike seems like it's running great. How do I tell if I need to do the scar method or rejet otherwise? I'm afraid of running the bike lean and causing problems. SHould I just do the Scar carb fix or have it checked first? Also, if it is running lean, is driving it 50 miles bad or 5 miles bad or are you okay for a while (maybe a few hundred miles)? Don't want to hurt anything. Thanks for all the help. I've done everything to my bike because of this board. Did my 600 miles check-up (valve adjustment, oil change, etc...) and did the pair valve and many other little things and got to do them right because of everyone's help on here. Thanks guys and girls!

Curtis

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd run it for a while and then check the color of your spark plugs. If they are really white your running too lean. It shouldn't hurt the bike to run it until you check the plugs.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Mastifflover said:
I'd run it for a while and then check the color of your spark plugs. If they are really white your running too lean. It shouldn't hurt the bike to run it until you check the plugs.
+1 Don't be in too much a hurry to change something that may be good to go! Don't ask me how I know this. :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MAstifflover, by the way I got two rotts myself. And to roundabout... BUT I already spent $2.13 on the shims for the scar method..... :lol: :lol: Thanks for the input guys. Makes me a little more at ease taking the bike out now. I'll be checking the plugs. They looked actually a tiny bit rich when I checked them about 200 miles ago. The bike should lean out a little bit since I put the K&N filter and freer flowing exhaust, but we'll see. I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks again!

Curtis

·
Registered
40 Posts
2007VTX said:
First off, I recommend these for sure. They sound great and are loud. Not terribly, but loud enough where you will get noticed. I like the sound very much. I'm sure I would have liked the Cobras as well, but decided on these because I preferred the looks over the Cobras. Many people seem happy with many different pipes, so this is just one more vote for V&H Big shots. if you prefer their looks over others.

I have one question. I took out the pair valve and put in a K&N air filter. The bike seems like it's running great. How do I tell if I need to do the scar method or rejet otherwise? I'm afraid of running the bike lean and causing problems. SHould I just do the Scar carb fix or have it checked first? Also, if it is running lean, is driving it 50 miles bad or 5 miles bad or are you okay for a while (maybe a few hundred miles)? Don't want to hurt anything. Thanks for all the help. I've done everything to my bike because of this board. Did my 600 miles check-up (valve adjustment, oil change, etc...) and did the pair valve and many other little things and got to do them right because of everyone's help on here. Thanks guys and girls!

Curtis
I'm in the same boat with you Bro. This is one heck of a message board and is awsome how everyone comes together to help each other :) . I wish the real world was more like everone here :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had the same set up as you and didn't have to rejet until I added the Hypercharger. With the stock airbox and just the K&N filter, you should be alright - maybe just a tweek on the A/F screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts