Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board, and looking forward to learning more from you folks. The wife and I ride matching Pearl '07 1300C's, hers having Retro bars added.

My brother in law, adr1800s is also joining today. We are sitting here over Xmas dinner left overs planning a 3-4 day February trip to the gulf. Let me know of any nice trips you've made through that area. We'll be jumping off from Hattiesburg, MS.

Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
welcome to the site and congrats with the wife riding her own. i live in bartlett and rode yesterday for a couple of hours, little bit windy but with temps in the 70s who could resist. a bunch of folks are riding new years day to downtown for the polar bear run(memphis), pm me if ya'll are interested:thumbup:
nuttin in memphis
need more cowbell!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the invite, nuttin. Thursday is booked for me already, but that sounds like something we'd enjoy. It's bummed me out to be out of state today with the nice riding weather i'm missing in West TN.

Later dude.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to VTXOA

New to VTXOA, also. Learned about the site from the guy that I bought my '05 1800s from a couple of months ago. Looking forward to lots of great rides along the gulf coast and beyond. Been away from road bikes for the last 20+ years, but after riding my brother-in-law and sister's VTXs earlier this fall, I got the fever so bad that the only cure was to get my own. Absolutely loving it! :doorag:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been away from road bikes for the last 20+ years, but after riding my brother-in-law and sister's VTXs earlier this fall, I got the fever so bad that the only cure was to get my own. Absolutely loving it! :doorag:

You didn't really need that new bass boat anyway :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered:grin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the board. Get the plastic ready and let the mods begin, starting with the seats. There are lots of great folks here with plenty of advice, wanted or not. If you ask if you need it, the answer is usually yes, especially if it is chrome.

:congrats: on the new rides.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome to the VTX family. :congrats:eek:n the new bikes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the board. Get the plastic ready and let the mods begin, starting with the seats. There are lots of great folks here with plenty of advice, wanted or not. If you ask if you need it, the answer is usually yes, especially if it is chrome.

:congrats: on the new rides.
We've had the bikes since Spring '08. My longest ride was from West TN to the OKC area to south of Dallas to home. 1800 miles, but it was July.

Should'a mentioned the mods - sorry. Shields, hiway bars and pegs, Mustang seats, sissy bars, luggage racks, bags from US Saddlebags, assorted chrome on the horns, radiators, breathers. Her bars are raised.

I'm wanting an airhorn and to modify my stock pipes.:tools:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
13000 is a lot of posts... Nice job, dude.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome and :congrats: on the bikes!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome aboard both of you! Gocart we need to get together and ride sometime. :congrats: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts