Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had myself sold on HK pipes and now I seem to be leaning towards a set of bubs. Then 5 minutes later it's on to something else. :? :? :?

Maybe a couple of questions to you might help me out:

1. Which pipes are easiest to install?
2. I want something loud but not house shaking. Any of the brands better than the others? I really do not want to be visited by Johnny Law.
3. Durability - I want a set that are going to look good for awhile... are there any to avoid?

Thanks as always
Coach

·
Registered
816 Posts
i went with the hk's. i've never installed pipes before and i thought they were very easy and straight forward. i'm sure both pipes are about the same installation wise. hk's are loud but i've heard the same for bubs. good luck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Coach_66 I'm in the same spot as you, so far I'm leaning toward the hk 2.5 classic straights,I dont want to shake any windows, and have the nieghbors complain,(then again ,after a nite shift they still cut their grass at 8am) I think you have to decide on what looks the best. Just my thoughts!
WermZ

·
Registered
443 Posts
same boat.....thought i made a decision and then just cant seem to pull the trigger....i really like the look of staggerd drag pipes........
If you read product reviews it really screws you up.....you get 9 really positives and then one negitive that makes you question your decision....
And if there is one factory defect in a million thats the one I recieve in the mail.......call me lucky.........

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bubs

The Bubs were pretty easy to install. Directions were a little shady, but there are some helpful links to directions out there( can't remember exactly where). As far as sound, they are very nice with stock baffles. If you want loud, just take the baffles out. My only complaint about the bubs as far as quality, was the wavy chrome spots where the bends and kicks were. But not bad at all. I'm just anal about that stuff. Overall the Bubs are awsome. Good luck

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I never heard Bubs and don't know of anyone locally that has them. Is there a site that you can go to and hear them? Have heard the HK 2.5's and think they probably sound the best out of all that I've heard. JMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts