Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you guys clean your filter? I have about 4k on mine and I am thinking of pulling it. The only reason I say "thinking" is because I have the ProHyper and those little bolts are pieces of sheeiiite. I felt a few that seemed like they were stripping under the allen wrench pressure when I installed it, so I am hesitant to take it off again. I wonder if I could buy new ones......

·
Super Moderator
63,762 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure Kury will help you. I know I called for some bolts last year and they had no problem getting me what I needed. I clean&oil all my K&Ns once a year. 8)

·
Registered
925 Posts
When I went with the Thunder tear drop I called Thunder MFG and ordered a 2nd filter, they did mention I should need a 2nd, I said I know bt I wanted a second to keep ready and clean just to swap back and forth

I switch mine every 2000 miles or so thats usually every 4 - 6 weeks
of riding
Roger

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You clean it with K&N cleaner and oil it with K&N oil. Not being a smartass, that's actually what you use. I hear they have an aerosol or spray oil now, which would be much better than the previous bottle of liquid.

·
Super Moderator
63,762 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No! They will be the last thing to go on. I am waiting for my wheels to come back from chroming. Hopefully today I will hear that they are done. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts