Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I really like the look of the K2's and was considering buying a set until I talked with the people at Hard Krome. I called to ask about the heat shielding, and I'm thankful for their honesty, the salesman said he could personally testify that they didn't function that well on the K2s because he had a number of burn marks on his leg. And that he had had to start riding with a rag tied around his leg because the pipe gets so warm. This might work for a taller rider or someone who rides open-legged/wide-legged etc, but for riders who grip the sides of the bike with their thighs this may not be the pipe for you. IMHO

Looks great though 8)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just installed K2's

Hi People! I just installed my K2's yesterday. haven't had a chance to take it on the road yet. I did let the pipes warm up in tha garage and then sat on it. I did have to move my left leg out a bit to avoid the heat from the rear pipe. I'm hoping the Corbin solo seat i have on my VTX will put me in seating position safely away from burning. my 2 cents. (they look F'in awesome though (sound even better) )

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Just installed K2's

chewie1997 said:
Hi People! I just installed my K2's yesterday. haven't had a chance to take it on the road yet. I did let the pipes warm up in tha garage and then sat on it. I did have to move my left leg out a bit to avoid the heat from the rear pipe. I'm hoping the Corbin solo seat i have on my VTX will put me in seating position safely away from burning. my 2 cents. (they look F'in awesome though (sound even better) )
Uh, I think you put them on the wrong side if you had to move your LEFT leg! LOL I have had my K2's on for a couple of weeks and when I stop I can feel the heat from the pipe on my leg, I have been wearing jeans and it has not burnt me, but if you ride in shorts this summer it might. My legs are long enough that I just move it out off the pipe. I guess after having them a while I will naturally put my right foot out wide when I stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts