Honda VTX Forum banner

Kansas Riders

7K views 81 replies 17 participants last post by  Dveges 
#1 ·
How many of us are there anyway and where is everyone from?

I was wondering because it seems there is a lot of talk about people meeting up and haven't seen anything about any of us doing it. I think it would be great to do something even if it's meet up for a Saturday mid day "bike gaulk". (I haven't started the mod thing so I'd love that!!! LOL) I know it's hard to get everyone there, but if we don't get something started we'll NEVER get together and never actually meet some of the great people on here. I noticed that several say a Saturday afternoon works. Since I have my kids half of the time, for me, it's an every other Saturday after work (3:00pm) kind of thing since my kids come first. I don't know about the weather on the 29th or even if anyone is interested in actually getting together, but just a thought.
I'm not a planner at all, so any suggestions would be great, I'm JUST READY TO RIDE!!!

OH YEAH - Quzik - Newton

#6 ·
Shawnee, KS here

I'm in for the 29th, early or late...I was going to the ABATE swap meet that morning in Gardner but a meet would be cheaper on the pocket book :)

#10 ·
I'm game for Cassody, but I'll only be able to make it in July or August because I have my kids on the rest of the first Sundays. Hopefully I'll be able to make at least one of those.
As for next weekend, are we looking at an early Saturday? In Wichita maybe? If we hit there somewhere around 3:30-4 we shouldn't have a wait if we are going to eat somewhere. Also wanting to see if any bike is going to be welcome or just the VTX'rs? To me the more the merrier, but that is up to all of you I just want to get out and get a few more miles on my bike...I'm only at about 370mi!!! Gotta get that 500mi check up.

#11 ·
quzik said:
I'm game for Cassody, but I'll only be able to make it in July or August because I have my kids on the rest of the first Sundays. Hopefully I'll be able to make at least one of those.
As for next weekend, are we looking at an early Saturday? In Wichita maybe? If we hit there somewhere around 3:30-4 we shouldn't have a wait if we are going to eat somewhere. Also wanting to see if any bike is going to be welcome or just the VTX'rs? To me the more the merrier, but that is up to all of you I just want to get out and get a few more miles on my bike...I'm only at about 370mi!!! Gotta get that 500mi check up.
in general, most of the guys around here won't turn their nose up at anybody on two wheels....i can't guarantee there won't be a few jokes back and forth though :twisted:

Wichita is a jog for us KC area guys, but if it's an early supper I could probably do that....just don't want to be riding back too much after dark as it's 2.5-3 hours back

#15 ·
roughrider said:
Would like to be there to meet some of the Kansas boys, but the ice is not off the ALCAN until May. 4200 miles or 5 days. Maybe in June?
come on down...almost wish I could come meet you 8)

#18 ·
Torquelover said:
roundabout said:
We don't have to meet in Cassoday or Wichita. I've heard there are some good places to eat at Cottonwood Falls (Emma's Cafe) and a place I can't remember the name of it in Council Grove as well. Hell, I'm all for a ride to meet N greet! 8)
It's Emma Chase Cafe:
http://www.emmachasecafe.com/biker_breakfast.htm
Council grove has the Hays House, they have good Buffalo Burgers. :D
both of these sound tasty...I've passed them many times but have yet to stop

#19 ·
How about we meet in Whittier? Its 40 miles South Anchorage, for 30 miles the road is carved out of the side of the mountains real curvy and the ocean is below then you turn left up Bear Valley the road runs beside a river with glaciers in the mountains above for 8 miles then you take a tunnel through the mountain for 2.7 miles and you are in beautiful Prince William Sound. They have really good sea food and we can go fishing or whale watching. Sorry Believe it or not there are a lot of days that I would just as soon ride around eastern Kansas.

#20 ·
I guess we really need to set a place and time so everyone knows where and when. There is an open invitation to the Kansas and Oklahoma riders groups and anyone else that wants to come, VTX rider or other.
Hopefully roughrider will just strap a couple of skis to his bike and make it. :lol:
My personal thoughts (as a rider for five weeks) is there is NO WAY I'm getting on Highway 50! From 1999-2003 ther were 97 deaths and EVERY county that 50 went through had a fatality. I'm no statitical genius, but if that is a questionable highway to begin with and most crashes are from riders who have ridden less than six months...I'm not going to temp fate. I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid (depending on who you ask :roll: )
If the majority want to meet somewhere along there, there are definately not going to be any hard feelings. There are going to be plenty of times to get together. I know the eastern riders have a long trip either way so let's just do what is best for the majority!

Depending on where we go and if anyone is passing through Newton on the way (and don't mind riding with a total newbie) drop me a line.

#21 ·
I like the idea of Council Grove and Cottonwood Falls over Wichita, no offence, their just closer. If we did Council Grove then quzik can stay off of Highway 50.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.