Honda VTX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
It also says they will open for a group on their site. If we get more than 5 people maybe they would open up. Just a thought.
However the other two places would work out too. The one in the hotel is supposed to be good according to a co-worker of mine.
If there is any interest in BBQ, Smolan (by Salina) is supposed to have an all you can eat KILLER buffet. Kinda a sucky ride for me straight up the interstate, but it's another option. I'm game.
I'm like roundabout, and it's basically the reason I started this thread, it's time to get the Kansas VTX'rs together and meet somewhere.

it's all southwest to me...I'm there for the ride and the company more than where we eat.

sassage said:
it's all southwest to me...I'm there for the ride and the company more than where we eat.
+ 1

It all good to me, I need to ride.

I agree, I'm just in it for the ride and seeing some bikes.....and meeting some of you guys of course. I dont really care where we meet.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Well as far as I'm concerned, we can keep it at Cottonwood Falls and meet somewhere there at the same time...3:30ish. When we all meet there, everyone can decide to head on to wherever as groups, or just enjoy the bikes and people and head home...more of a meet and greet and gaulk. I don't have to eat and could actually miss a few meals anyway! :lol: Seems like it's fairly "central" to everyone that is going to make it. From the sounds of it, it's only a handful of us, but out of several hundred views, there are hopefully more coming that just aren't "talking" about going.

can someone check out these two places or does anyone know about them?

Rolling Hills Cafe
200 Walnut St
Cottonwood Falls, KS 66845
(620) 273-6779

Grand Central Grill
215 Broadway, at Grand Central Hotel, Cottonwood Falls, KS 66845
Tel: 620 273 6763
i think we should still set a place to eat...would be more fun that way

Torquelover said:
I'm riding to Council Grove to get a Buffalo Burger at the Hays House.
are they open Saturday after 2 PM ? :)

sassage said:
can someone check out these two places or does anyone know about them?

Rolling Hills Cafe
200 Walnut St
Cottonwood Falls, KS 66845
(620) 273-6779

Grand Central Grill
Rolling Hills has been CLOSED for more than two years.........

The grill at GRAND Central Hotel is Great!

i think we should still set a place to eat...would be more fun that way

So what's the consensus? Given that the temps are "supposed" to be in the low 50's after being in the open air for a couple hours a place to eat with a little warmth might be nice. Lemme know fellas so I can plan accordingly.

Grand Central Grill

called them and they're open til 9 PM on Saturday...Susan said they recommend reservations be made

OK,
The Grand Central Grill in Cottonwood Falls is open all day. Reservations are suggested average Lunch price $7-$10 and average dinner price $18-$26. They are a steak house and lunch menu ends around 3:30.

Guys it don’t make a hill a bean difference to me where we end up but ArchAngle is right, after driving in the cold air for a few hours a warm up is going to be appreciated by all. And darn if a big old steak doesn’t sound good.

It seams that most are leaning toward Cottonwood Falls and it looks like there could be 12 to 14 of us that show up. That’s pretty good.

My vote is for Cottonwood Falls, but will ride anywhere for food.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
Cottonwood Falls around the 3:30ish time for meet, greet, eat and WARM UP! Done. Sounds good. Let's just set that and roll with it. As for reservations...two questions...Do we really need them at a restraunt at 3:30 in the afternoon in Cottonwood Falls? AND If so should we get a close head count or roll with 15 or so? Sassage or LocknLoad would you want to handle that part? Maybe PM head counts to one of you?

I think we should stick with Cottonwood Falls & the Grill at the hotel...rclute says it's good and that steak sure does sound appetizing :D

I don't have a problem making the reservations....everyone please PM me if you're coming and I'll call in a number tomorrow.

so 3:30 or 4:30?...I thought a few people couldn't make it til 4:30? 3:30 means the KC crowd will have to leave a little earlier than 1:30 too (probably not a big deal though).

Discussion starter · #78 ·
I agree with you sassage. I'm going to try to leave Newton at 2ish. It's only an hour by hwy 50, so I'm guessing 1-1/2 hrs by 15 and 150 or first street to Cassody then up 77.
If there is anyone interested in riding together, let me know. I'm going to leave straight from work at B&B Lumber in Newton...225 S. Meridian on the WEST side of Newton. I'm also willing to hit Hwy. 50 in a BIG group if that's what needs to be done. Not preferred, but...

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.