Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 1300S that I had V&H Bigshots put on within a month of purchasing it. The pipes sound great. That is not the issue. The issue is that I find that the sound tends to dominate the riding experience and I'm trying to decide if I want to pull them off or not. I am really torn because I like the sound, but maybe I am just getting old. I did put the quiet baffles in them.

Has anyone pulled off their pipes for a similar reason? Have you regretted it?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I just went back to the stockers from the HK 2.5. :shock: Maybe I'm getting old :( . They seem to be louder this year. Like you I like the looks and the sound of the HK's, I had no problem with them last year. Still early for regrets, but I always can put them back if I want to. :wink:

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
1967rider said:
I have a 2004 1300S that I had V&H Bigshots put on within a month of purchasing it. The pipes sound great. That is not the issue. The issue is that I find that the sound tends to dominate the riding experience and I'm trying to decide if I want to pull them off or not. I am really torn because I like the sound, but maybe I am just getting old. I did put the quiet baffles in them.

Has anyone pulled off their pipes for a similar reason? Have you regretted it?
My friend has a 750 ACE, and I can't stand to ride with him because of his straight pipes. When we ride together, I always follow him and I have to stay back about 1/4 mile. I won't let him follow me because he's a newbie, and loves to tailgate me while twisting his neck all around looking at women. He does the same thing in heavy city traffic, behind cars. It's just a matter of time before he goes headfirst over a car.

Eddie

Eddie

·
Registered
643 Posts
You should think of getting Roadhouse Slip-On's. I have the Roadhouse Slip-on's and love them. They are not to loud, Look just like the stock pipes but not as quiet as the stock ones. But when you blip the throttle They know your there.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I don't know what to do with the HK's. I really don't like the stockers, but they are way to quiet. I was behind a couple of Harleys yesterday and men do they sound sweet. Just the loudness and tone I want on the X. I'm going to wait until the Honda Homecoming so I can listen to all the other pipes. I like the sound of the Cobras low boy staggered pipes but not the looks. Maybe the speedsters will have the sound I'm looking for, but I have not have the opportunity to listen to them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My Low Boys sound just like a Harley. The back drag is differant. But they sound great. I run mine with no baffles. I like the staggard look on the C. Gives it a drag bike look. I myself dont really care for the longer pipes on a C. I think the longer pipes look better on a retro. And man am I glad I have a 1300. I have heard numerous 1800's and all of them sound like crap with pipes on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.