Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 600 members on this board and only a few post and not many replies to the post that are here.......Do we not enjoy the board? Just curious. it seems this board is very inactive for having 559 members looking at it....If something is posted it would be nice to get some kind of a comment ....If you don't have a good one....post a bad one LOL Just post something....Let us know you can read and write. Happy New Year to you all.... Take a look at the state next door. (Tenn) They are active on thier board.

·
Registered
171 Posts
:blkc: What are your favorite local riding roads and things to see? Maybe we need a few KY specific topics to talk about.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like to take US 60 instead of I64 from Louisville to Frankfort and then US460 from Frankfort to Paris and beyond. I have only had the bike a little over a year and put 6,000 miles on it just putting around town and back and forth to work. I haven't had too much of a chance to just go riding for the sake of riding.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Natural Bridge.

I like the ride and the site once I get there to the natural bridge...My wife and I ride there and ride the lift up and walk back down the mountain....Very pretty place. The whole red river gorge is a nice site. Sorry guys....Don't wanna seem like a rude guy....Just would like us Ky riders to get together maybe and enjoy our bikes and plan some rides maybe....at least help each other out here on the board. Happy New Years Guys.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are a lot of nice destinations in KY and TN. There are several guys in TN that come up this way all the time too. We really should make a list of our favorite KY rides and show the state off. The Dragon is a TN favorite, but we have a lot of offer in KY too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll tell you what I can do. I have a Body Shop in Winchester on an acre of land. If we can figure out a good way to grill some meat and pick a day for a get together we can use my place. It is right off US60 on the Fayette County line. I am fine with going to a park or other location that might be more convenient, as well. Just making the offer so we have bathrooms, water, electric for crock pots, etc... With 600 of us I am sure there must be quite a few within a few hours ride that would like to get together for an afternoon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm in for a cookout. I have the Halls beer cheese recipe, and not the crap you buy at krogers, but the real deal.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We could keep it simple and everyone could bring their favorite snack. That would make it easier to fit on the bike and fun for everyone to try different things.

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
A meet ~n~ greet would be nice! Plan one, I am sure there are may that will come.

Back in 2005, we got a meet ~n~ greet going. We met in Bardstown, ate lunch and rode to Makers Mark Distillery. Had a great time, and it was nice to put faces with the names on the board.

We did not limit this event to just KY riders, we had many members from Indiana to join us.

Cheryl

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Might even get a "Buckeye" to join in!

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Might even get a "Buckeye" to join in!
MINTY!!! We would love to see you again.

Remember that HOT day we all met at Rabbit Hash? Like 90 degrees (in the shade). Looks like we need to get another meet n greet going.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
[email protected]!! Sure do remember that day, let's get another one going sometime this year,

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think Rabbit Hash would be great. I have been there when there have been British bike meets, crotch rocket meets, H-D's, but I have never seen over 3 or 4 X's (including me) there at one time, and I go up 8 or 10 times a year. Once there they usually have a grill outside the store, or it is an easy ride to nearby food. There are many different and interesting ways to get there too.
Kevin

·
Registered
333 Posts
If anyone could get a date and time going we would like to attend also. Monty, I met you several years ago with the Southern Cruisers. Always had a great time but Sat. and Sun. always found me at work. Hopefully this year will be different.

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
I think Rabbit Hash would be great. I have been there when there have been British bike meets, crotch rocket meets, H-D's, but I have never seen over 3 or 4 X's (including me) there at one time, and I go up 8 or 10 times a year. Once there they usually have a grill outside the store, or it is an easy ride to nearby food. There are many different and interesting ways to get there too.
Kevin
Hey ktdavis, last summer I was in Carrollton, just passing thru (in my car) and spotted you on your bike!

That day I mentioned about Rabbit Hash, I think there were about 40 VTX's (maybe less, maybe more).

·
Registered
421 Posts
Kevin
It's a short swim to the Grand Victoria. That
would be different and interesting. :thumbup:
ps: Can I come?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If anyone could get a date and time going we would like to attend also. Monty, I met you several years ago with the Southern Cruisers. Always had a great time but Sat. and Sun. always found me at work. Hopefully this year will be different.
I do remember you. Good to see you posting and I look forward to riding with you sometime.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts