Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if any of you have the KewlMetal Risers on a 1300C and how much do you like them. From what I understand they move your bars back a couple inches but also lower them a little. The LOWER part is the thing I'm not sure I'd like. Also if anyone has a set of used that they dont need anymore CHEAP I might be intrested. Have to look for CHEAP...still recovering from Daughter's wedding and Fathers funeral last year

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I always respond to this. Thinman Risers. Contact: [email protected]

They bring the bars back and up, rather than down near to the tank. You don't have to change the cables either. You really only have 2 choices with the C model because of the type of bars that it comes with. Another choice is risers, new bars, then change the cables. When I was looking into it I was going to go that way until someone on this board pointed me in the right direction. Easy instructions come with them. You can't go wrong and won't regret your choice if you go Thinman.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm not knocking the Thinman risers as a lot of people like them, but in pictures I didn't like the way they raised the bar. It may be more comfortable than then Kewlmetal risers I have but I don't know.

One other thing to consider with the Kewlmetal risers is when the bars come back and down, it changes the angle of the controls on the bars. Some guys are fine with that and some aren't. I wasn't. I had to reposition my controls. It's very easy to do and there's two different ways to do it. When you remove your switch housing you'll see a tab that fits into a hole in the bar that keeps the controls from sliding around. Some people file those tabs off and others, like myself, drill another hole in the bar approximately 1/8" from the exsisting hole and use that hole. It works really well. It's real easy and shouldn't keep you from getting the Kewlmetal risers. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm please with my setup with the kewlmetal risers.

·
Registered
595 Posts
nathan61999 said:
I'm not knocking the Thinman risers as a lot of people like them, but in pictures I didn't like the way they raised the bar. It may be more comfortable than then Kewlmetal risers I have but I don't know.

One other thing to consider with the Kewlmetal risers is when the bars come back and down, it changes the angle of the controls on the bars. Some guys are fine with that and some aren't. I wasn't. I had to reposition my controls. It's very easy to do and there's two different ways to do it. When you remove your switch housing you'll see a tab that fits into a hole in the bar that keeps the controls from sliding around. Some people file those tabs off and others, like myself, drill another hole in the bar approximately 1/8" from the exsisting hole and use that hole. It works really well. It's real easy and shouldn't keep you from getting the Kewlmetal risers. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm please with my setup with the kewlmetal risers.
I did the all the same steps Nathan did.

Here is a closeup pic of the Kewlmetal risers on my scoot http://www.yorksonline.com/bigpics/kewlmetalrisers.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
One thing to keep in mind with the Kewl metal risers.

I found with the stock seat I didn't have enough back support to use the KM's so I took them off until I get my new seat.

good luck

G

·
I put them on after I got my mustang seat. Now I can relax into the backrest. The lower part is really actually pretty comfortable. I didn't drill the new hole for the throttle, but I did move my throttle boss up a bit. works fine and still got the mirrors to adjust ok.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just about 5 mins before I made the call to order the KM risers, I decided to take a look at the forum and #[email protected]%& back to square 1 :evil: . I have done a lot of research but it’s difficult to make up my mind. Just like Nathan61999 said “It’s hard deciding something when you can’t see it in person.” I like the look of the KM, they keep the stock bars look of the C. Main thing I’m looking for is reach (5’-7”), but I want to maintain the basic look 8) . ROO747, I didn’t know the KM can affect the back support with the stock seat, I still have the seat. :? I see the Thinman risers, but how they bring the bar back and how many inches. I did check into the aeromach risers and bars they look good, but hard to decide on the degrees for the handlebars and it looks like is hitting toward classic look. Just my opinion. :roll:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 5'6" and have the KM's with an Ultimate midrider. Feels very comfortable to me.

Maxxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got KM's, 5'10", STOCK SEAT (I'm not a candy butt like some) very happy. Pricey, but quality product. No problem with them being lower, 'cept it does affect low speed handiling (tough to go stop to stop).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts