Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install Kewlmetal risers. Got to get bars off first. Need instructions...I thought the obvious was to take my wrench to the nuts under the triple tree and they turn but don't seem to be coming off.

·
Registered
217 Posts
kewl

Dude, there are only two nuts to remove under the triple tree. Remove those and the bars come straight off. Make sure you place a soft towel or sponge on your gas tank in case the bars swing on it.

Once the bars are off, simply insert the Risers between the bar and Triple Tree and screw back the the two bolts under the Triple tree.

I found it a little tricky to make sure that the bars are porperly aligned before tightening the bar.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Know

Dude, I know about the nuts, the problem is I turn but they don't loosen. The nuts spin, the washer spins, but the nuts don't come off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but I just put risers on my retro and had a similer problem. I removed the bracket holding the bars. Then placed a towel around the riser. I put a pair of vise grips on the riser covered by the towel and spun it off from the top. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts