Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I finished my 240 kit, the seat was much lower & moved to the rear than the stock seating position. This made it quite a reach to my Cruiser Performance 1.5" bars. Was pretty uncomfortable, so I had pretty much quit riding my VTX altogether and was riding my Honda Interceptor instead.

So I thought, before I buy a new set of bars or get some custom bars made, I'll try out these KewlMetal risers.

these things fixed everything

Now my grips are in the perfect position for me, and all the controls are in a more comfortable position than before. Best of all, now my VTX is comfortable to ride again, so now i can show it off more. Staring with tonight, its Bike Night at Hooters 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omahabikerguy said:
That's EXACTLY what I need for my bike.
if you have the 1.5" bars, they fit almost perfectly. You can see just a little gap where the bars mate up with the risers, but its hardly noticable, and its doesnt look bad at all.

I should probably post a pic i guess

·
Registered
901 Posts
Mr Pheer said:
Omahabikerguy said:
if you have the 1.5" bars, they fit almost perfectly. You can see just a little gap where the bars mate up with the risers, but its hardly noticable, and its doesnt look bad at all.

On my 1800, I've got stock bars, with Aeromach 6 inch risers. I need a similar type of solution like Big Joe did for you. I PM'd him to see if he has any ideas.

Thanks for posting.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok here are a couple pics

one of these days, I'll get around to installing my braided cables and running the wires thru my bars :?

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Kewl Look!!! Hey, What Year Interceptor do Ya Have???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kevin Kuiper said:
Its on '01 with just 7k miles on it, bought it about 3 weeks ago. I love the thing :)

I have a set of corbin beetle bags and a set of heli-bars coming for it on friday, making it into a sport-tourer

the other bike is my wife's ZX6 Ninja

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
Anonymous said:
Kevin Kuiper said:
Its on '01 with just 7k miles on it, bought it about 3 weeks ago. I love the thing :)

I have a set of corbin beetle bags and a set of heli-bars coming for it on friday, making it into a sport-tourer

the other bike is my wife's ZX6 Ninja

Sounds Kewl!! I Myself want the Old VFR 1000 :D :D

So what happened to your User ID Profile :?: :?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Omahabikerguy said:
Mr Pheer said:
Omahabikerguy said:

On my 1800, I've got stock bars, with Aeromach 6 inch risers. I need a similar type of solution like Big Joe did for you. I PM'd him to see if he has any ideas.

Thanks for posting.
Omaha,

Couldn't you use the kewl metal risers/standoffs with these risers?

These are the "deuce" style (stock is also in the pic for comparison). I have a set of these I could send you. Lemmeno.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Forgive me if this was already understood.

What I meant was use both the Kewl Metal risers and mount the Deuce style risers to them. This would give you whatever additional height and pullback the KM risers offer. As the Deuce style is round they ought to fit without looking out of place (like the rectangular stock ones).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts