Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any info out there about kick starters on a VTX? No real need for it just wanted something to set it apart from the norm, just like my alligator skin, carved down and norrowed seat I just did this week.

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
Unless you're a Worlds Strongest Man competetor you would have a heck of a time kicking over 110 cu. inches 8)

·
Registered
10,710 Posts
I am guessing that you are thinking about adding this to a 1300. Seems like the fuel system needs power for fuel injection on an 1800 to work. But, like you said, if unique is what you are after, you sure would have it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The Dec/Jan issue of RoadBike featured a gangster-fied metric with a "functional" kickstart. They move the starter solenoid down to be activated by the kickpedal.

You can see it just above the exhaust pipe by the swingarm pivot. Not exactly what you were asking for, but you can achieve that "look" without having to turn over a motor with 2-3 times the displacement of your father's kickstart bike.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I'd hate to be the one to have that puppy kick back at me like the old scooters sometimes would do!! I can see someone getting airborn! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I love jumping out of perfectly good aircraft, but off of a VTX would bite.
I will have to check out and see if it is something I want.
As far as teh stongest man goes I don't have to be I will be making my daughter get it primed :lol:
One last thing. It is a 1800 and love the fuel injection. I hear of some people talking about bump starting it. Is there something besides enough volts to run it that you have to worry about. Figured if they could do that the a gear reduction type kicker would work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts