Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my take on it...350 Chevy carb. Return spring bracket...purchased from auto Zone..simple install..round head bolt (or u could counter sink one) and acorn nut..13 years zero issues..

Will work on all models .

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great Idea!!

Just received the Return Spring Bracket (Ebay) what size/length bolt did you use? Does the round head bolt interfere with the parking function of the kickstand?

Thanks

Endocane

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Idea!!

Just received the Return Spring Bracket (Ebay) what size/length bolt did you use? Does the round head bolt interfere with the parking function of the kickstand?

Thanks

Endocane
I dont know what size bolt ....it is the same bolt that holds the passenger seat bracket to the fender on a 1300R...and no the round head doesnt affect the kickstand...on further thought a counter sunk might weaken the kickstand foot...good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good Morning!

Well... it took me longer than I thought as life got in the way (again!) but this little modification works great!

Used 3 or 4 bits (broke a couple) to get thru (no countersink) and went with a metric SS round headed bolt 6 x 20mm (just about 1/4'' x 3/4'') and a metric acorn nut #6, all from HD, $1.75 for both. Added some thread lock and voila!!

Thanks TennX and Hans&Feet for your input!!

Endocane

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts