Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performed the kiwi mod last night. Took me 4 hours. Took mufflers off and Used my die grinder then dremel and pliers then rewelded with 1/16 rod and walla. Didn't start it yet as it was 0130 in the mornin'. Im sure it will be like straights with echo chambers.

I would like to put the NEO pipe ends on next.

What purpose does the stock pipe crossover serve? can it be omitted or will this adversly affect the sound. I havent read anything on this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did the mod a week or two ago. It sounds really good. I did it after doing the clayton mod [dissappointed]and then going to see Kiwi in his home town.
I made some S/S endplates and put a peice of S/S tube coming out of each exhaust. I would like to make a sound bite or video of it in the next couple of weeks Kiwi's sound bite doesnt do it justice.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That does look good. My pipe ends are just empty---- I like the gutted look you gotta get low to see something in there. Idle rocks third gear actually is quiet but at any speed in any gear crack the throttle and d--a-- double m it screams and only a few short rides but not one pop on decel backfire or anything. Im happy as a pig in well any way you get the picture.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tell me about it, it is pretty cool .
I like the way when your just idling its very subtle, but give it a some stick and it barks back at you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts