Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,762 Posts
Yes they do, on all my vehicles I got better mpg and some added power. That and I only had to buy 1 filter for the life of my vehicle. 8)

·
Registered
316 Posts
some look cool too!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My personal experience has been with improved fuel economy. With my truck it was fairly dramatic, about 2mpg...considering it was about $30, thats a pretty big difference. I went from about 18mpg to 20mpg...not bad.

I'll start by saying that a) I don't know much about anything and b) I'm not hesitating to put a K&N on my bike. That said, I have heard of downsides to the filters also. First, I've heard that they don't filter as well as the stock filter, particularly with very small particulate. Second, I've heard that if you over oil the filter after cleaning it, it can cause problems. This is complete hearsay, I can't really speak to how valid that information is. However, there must be some downsides to them because if the cotton/oil filters were perfect, I think that they would be OEM equipment and I'm not aware of any manufacturer who is using them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts