Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the bulb number or part number is for the Kuryakan Silver Bullet Lights. One of mine has blown out and I need to see if I can just get one at a local store or if it has to be ordered.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
lessenone said:
I just picked up a replacement bulb at Home Depot.

Mike
Is it the same wattage (Kury offers 25 or 35)? That's handy info, I figured the bulb would be proprietary, knowing how some of these guys work. Next time I'm in HD, I'll check into them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't have the Kury light but while looking for a replacement for my Show Chrome (Big Bike Parts) marker lights (which look very similar) this morning, I found that it was an MR16 halogen lamp - originally used for projectors but now more commonly found in accent and spot lighting. Here's the URL for more than you'd ever wanna know about these lamps:

http://www.lrc.rpi.edu/programs/nlpip/lightingAnswers/mr16/abstract.asp

Typically, these are 12 volt, wattages at 20, 35, and 50. Bases are 2-pin. Pay attention to the beam spreads, ie: mine are 38 degree.

I've seen these in Lowe's too.

Of course, if the Kury lights aren't like this, I'm babbling on ........

:roll:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that really is more than I would ever need to know. (HA,HA) that article goes on forever. Thanks for the info, I think this will help out a bunch, I am going to go to lowes today and check it out. If I can't find it then I will order from Kury... Thanks for taking the time to help a brother out.

·
Registered
510 Posts
One thing you might want to check is the connections. I was sure I had a bulb blown in mine and started taking it apart. When I got it out it looked good so I tried it one more time before buying a new one and it worked fine. Only thing I can figure, it was caused by vibration.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts