Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have them, no problems with fitment. Took only about 1/2 hour install.
I picked mine up on e-bay for $125 but the vendor is not showing any available for sale at the moment.

·
Registered
772 Posts
No problems here either, really dress up the bike.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I love mine and have installed a number of them. 1300s have been easy - 1800s I have had some problems working around after market pipes but they all fit and look good.

Lee

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
Got it on my bike. Only issue I had was around the rear header. . getting it in past heat shield with double sided tape on the bottom was a bit of a challenge, other then that. . . +1 on others, takes about 30 minutes to install, definitely looks slick.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..one of the first mods I did..if ya like shiny, you'll like 'em..I do..:mrgreen:

I'm looking at doing this mod for 2 reasons. One, more chrome, where can you go wrong?!? Second, I am thinking about painting my engine but I am lazy. So if I can cover up a large area that needs to be painted with a chrome stick on piece, then win-win situation. All I've left to do is paint and possibly polish the fins.

Thank you for your input gentlemen.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I want these also...but I want to powder coat them black.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dontom -

Unfortunately, the Kury chrome engine covers are Plasti-chrome and won't accept powdercoating.

If you want them in black, you'll have to repaint them to suit your needs.
Actually, I don't think these are plastichrome...I have some at home that I had for my 1300 and when handling them, I didn't see any plastichrome. Maybe one piece, but certainly not all....which would still prevent powdercoating.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dontom -

Unfortunately, the Kury chrome engine covers are Plasti-chrome and won't accept powdercoating.

If you want them in black, you'll have to repaint them to suit your needs.
They are tin. I have talked to Kury about getting a set unchromed so I could powdercoat them. No luck..have to buy already chrome. There is someone on this board that has a set on his bike powder coated to match the color of his bike. If I can find, or someone else knows who this is maybe we can get a photo. It is really a cool look.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sorry. My bad !!!

I guess that I'm just not into "covers" for the engine. Clutch, timing and stator covers - maybe. I see too much of that stuff on H-Ds - cylinder base covers, transmission covers, primary covers, etc... - and am not fond of removing "chrome covers" to do any type of work on the motors.

Of course, we're talking about Hondas, where the need to do other than oil/filter, spark plugs, air filter changes and some carb work are rare indeed.

So if the covers are metal, enjoy the color change.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry. My bad !!!

I guess that I'm just not into "covers" for the engine. Clutch, timing and stator covers - maybe. I see too much of that stuff on H-Ds - cylinder base covers, transmission covers, primary covers, etc... - and am not fond of removing "chrome covers" to do any type of work on the motors.

Of course, we're talking about Hondas, where the need to do other than oil/filter, spark plugs, air filter changes and some carb work are rare indeed.

So if the covers are metal, enjoy the color change.
Does this particular engine case cover hinder any maintenance on the VTX such at valve timing, or any other regularly scheduled maintenances?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts