Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all you experts out there: The kury chrome brake and clutch levers for the VTX are # 7429. But Today @ the Honda dealer, I saw a new part - #7435 but it said it was for the GL1800. Unlike the 7429s which are actually smaller than the factory ones, these are HUGE ! They're called "SPOON LEVERS." And they're the same price! So, guys, will GL1800 levers fit on a VTX1800????

·
Registered
206 Posts
I checked the Honda fiches for the Goldwing and the VTX 1800 C1 for the 2007 model year. They have different part numbers. That doesn't necessary mean they aren't interchangeable but it does mean that they are not the same part.

Sorry that it wasn't more definitive.
John

·
Registered
259 Posts
My wife has the Goldwing adjustable levers on her 1800. I had to grind off a small part on the left lever to make them work. Its really easy, take off your left lever, and the difference is apparant. The Goldwing has 2 attached pieces and the VTX only has one. I used a dremel to cut off the piece and sand it to smooth it up. She has about 12000 miles on hers with no issues.

Jim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx Justin for the quick response! But, do you think that aftermarket manufacturers like Kuryakyn have that adjustable lever piece on their levers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts