Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hell of a time getting my Kury Run Turn Brake modulator to work!

I have identified the correct wires in the harness under the right side cover
Green/Yellow BRAKE
Brown POWER
Lt Blue RIGHT Blinker
Orange LEFT Blinker

I modified the Kury 4710 R/T/B Modulator by removing their shipped connectors and adding bullet connectors that fit with my orignial wiring.

After plugging everything in I get nothing on the backend other than the Tail light worked. Also, although nothing worked, the blinker indictors for both the left and right blinker on the console stayed solid.
I was grounding the modulator on the bike not using the grounding wires that are in the harness. I believe i had a good ground because when i removed the two ground wires(from the modulator) the blinker indicators went out.

HELP! This is driving me nuts!! Should I go ahead and use the ground wires in the harness to ground the modulator? I am running an LED brake light but the blinkers are standard.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Zlaneb

·
Registered
841 Posts
How did you tap into the running light wire (brown)? Try the simple things first: you're sure you don't have the input/outputs of the module reversed?
You DON'T have the included load equalizer plugged in? (You shouldn't need it since you're not running LED signals.) You are not grounding the modulator in the harness, which is correct, but did you disconnect the harness ground wires? (i.e., make sure you're lights are still grounded.) Last, but not least, check the fuses and make sure you didn't blow one while rewiring.

Good luck!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will give it a try

3D said:
How did you tap into the running light wire (brown)? Try the simple things first: you're sure you don't have the input/outputs of the module reversed?
You DON'T have the included load equalizer plugged in? (You shouldn't need it since you're not running LED signals.) You are not grounding the modulator in the harness, which is correct, but did you disconnect the harness ground wires? (i.e., make sure you're lights are still grounded.) Last, but not least, check the fuses and make sure you didn't blow one while rewiring.

Good luck!
I unplugged my wiring from the harrness and have assumed that the wires with the male bullet ends are coming from the front of hte bike, and the female ends are going to the back.

The lights are still grounded, because if i remove the modulator, and plug my Brake, LT, RT wiress back into regular configuration, then everything works fine. I am getting power to modulator, becuase i did have the output RT wire touch my exhaust and blow a fuse. I will give it another shot tonight.
Thanks for the feedback
Zlaneb

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Re: Will give it a try

zlaneb said:
I unplugged my wiring from the harrness and have assumed that the wires with the male bullet ends are coming from the front of hte bike, and the female ends are going to the back.
If you're working behind the right side cover...I'm pretty sure that the MALE ends are the ones heading to the rear of the bike.
It should be fairly easy to check, you should be able to see the correct wires feeding through the fender.

·
Registered
841 Posts

Pöi§ön said:
zlaneb said:
If you're working behind the right side cover...I'm pretty sure that the MALE ends are the ones heading to the rear of the bike.
It should be fairly easy to check, you should be able to see the correct wires feeding through the fender.
Yep, male bullets in back. I was just messing with mine this morning...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks Guys,
Since I am doing a 4 day ride this coming week, I have been stuck doing my Honey Do list. I will reverse the pllugs on the modulator and try again. I will post a followup on my results
Thanks again - This forum rocks
Zlaneb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts