Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how anyone has liked and made out with any of the Kuryakyn Chrome Covers. Some of the reviews on different sites are good and bad so i thought i would check with the experts here. I have been looking at the Frame Trim, Drive Shaft Cover, Swing Arm Cover, Master Cylinder Cover, Handle Bar Control Covers, Etc Etc Etc. Any input would be great and any photos would be fantastic.:tools:

·
Registered
270 Posts
The only negative thing I've come across is that come after market exhausts can interfere with the swingarm cover on that side.

Is this what you are referring to? Or is your question more along the lines of the quality of the Kury parts??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Bikes!! :thumbup::thumbup: This is exactly what i what to see and hear.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I installed a set of Cobra Classics on my 1800C which also has the Kury chrome cover at the rear of the swingarm. When the swingarm extends down, as when the bike is lifted off of the ground, the Cobra mounting bracket hits the Kury chrome piece. I took the cover off and carved out a notch in it to allow the swingarm free travel.

·
3,915 Posts
I have many of the same things you mention. I have been very happy with anything I've gotten from Kuryakin.

The swing arm cover will interfere a little with the stock exhaust, I too had to cut the rear tip off the heaqt sheild to allow for free travel on my stock muffler.

When I switched to Roadhouse shorty the heat shield on that one was even closer. Not wanting to booger up my new shorty, I got longer rear mounting bolts with lock nuts and packed them out with washers (spacers about 3/4 inches worth) to clear the swing arm cover. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kuryakyn

I really like the switch covers, brake & clutch res. covers, and the floorboard covers, heal&toe shifter covers, brake pedal cover, and ISO grips. Only problem was the set screw on the heal & toe cover. We removed squirted in some liquid nails and they haven't moved. It's all good, pullout your wallet and answer your door, UPS will be knocking.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have the chrome engine covers and othe Kury chrome goodies. In my opinion all of Kury parts are top notch. The engine covers and clutch cover really dress up the engine, The only down side is that you have to rermove the engine cover when you adjust the valves as it attaches to the cover that you must remove to turn the crank.
You can see the covers if you click on my attached picture

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts