Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the kuryakyn chrome speakers, but at what I consider medium power level the amp shuts down and I have to turn off the speakers and back on to hear sound. After this happens the volume required to overdrive the amp seems less and it will cut off . I can not find anything that says the amp will cut off, is this normal?

Edi

G

·
You might be inputting too high of a signal from the radio.

You need to make sure the input levels from the source ( radio ) are what the amp expects to see. This might cause it to 'trip' and internal protection circuit which requires the unit be shut down to reset.

EDIT: are the amps built into the speakers? or separate from the speakers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the amp is in the speakers, I used both raw mp3 player output and amplified output both trip the amp, worst case I will by-pass the build in amp and use one of those 2x250 watt amp's on ebay for thirty dollars.
Edi

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the kuryakyn chrome speakers, but at what I consider medium power level the amp shuts down and I have to turn off the speakers and back on to hear sound. After this happens the volume required to overdrive the amp seems less and it will cut off . I can not find anything that says the amp will cut off, is this normal?

Edi

Edward, I know that your problem was a long time ago, but I´m with the same problem.

How did you solve it ?

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts