Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of these( Kuryakyn Cruise Peg Mounts) on Saturday & took her for a spin; COOL! Really gives the tired ole knees & legs a break, I’m going to love these on next long ride! I have been told these are bad to touch down on pavement so I guess I'll have to adjust my lean angle a little as they look & work too good to do without............. :D Rod

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rod,
They are quick to hit the pavement. I installed them and then uninstalled them and sold 'em. They really cut down on the angle. I didn't figure I'd be going on trips that I would really need them. It was just more chrome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rod,

Do you have a Hypercharger, or plan to get one? I love my Pegs too much to remove them, but, found that my right leg would disrupt the air flow into and/or around the Hypercharger and starve the engine for air. I merely removed the Hypercharger filter case, and drilled 3/8" holes (I believe 5 extra, there was one existing) in the back half of the case (outside the circumference of the filter). This solved my problem... Enjoy the Pegs!!!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rainman1 said:
Rod,

Do you have a Hypercharger, or plan to get one? I love my Pegs too much to remove them, but, found that my right leg would disrupt the air flow into and/or around the Hypercharger and starve the engine for air. I merely removed the Hypercharger filter case, and drilled 3/8" holes (I believe 5 extra, there was one existing) in the back half of the case (outside the circumference of the filter). This solved my problem... Enjoy the Pegs!!!
Cool fix!, No I am running a Thunder Vertical S&S Style so I guess I won't have that problem! Thanks for the info!........ :D Rod

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VTXScooby said:
Rod,
They are quick to hit the pavement. I installed them and then uninstalled them and sold 'em. They really cut down on the angle. I didn't figure I'd be going on trips that I would really need them. It was just more chrome.

When I installed them I noticed there were some play (further & closer to ground) so I pushed them all the way up. If they drag worse than the pegs I guess they will have to go also! I like to ride the Gap several times a year!......... :D Rod

G

·
0 Posts
Rod... did you find an alternative. I have these also and notice that they touch down RIGHT AFTER my pegs touch. I routinely drag pegs just turning left leaving my neighborhood, but I want someplace else to put my feet. Any suggestions would be great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts