Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using this?
I have mine wired up with a direct fused line to the battery to a relay connected to the light circuit to turn the light bar off when starting the bike. I also have 2 silver bullets on the rear acting as run, brake, and turn signals - no other lights or accessories that draw juice.

Had the bike out and did about 120 miles total in a couple days - tonight the battery light went on indicating it was not charging? these are 35W lights with a small LED array for turn signals. Could this be draining my battery faster than the alternator can charge?

If you are using this - are you experiencing this problem and if so how did you wire it to avoid the problem. My desire is to have them on all the time for safety.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks like the one I have on mine. It took me a while to get the led signals wired in right but thats the only problem I had. They were not bright enough by themselves so i left the factory on with them. I used the relay kit also. I run them just about all the time. I installed them about 6 or 8 months ago and all is working well for me

Jeff

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have it hooked up with Kury's Relay Harness #KUR-2328. Put on about 1,000 miles or so with no problems. I did have charging problems prior to that however. Turns out it was the regulator that went bad.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I used the kury harness also...no problems...I also hooked my lightbar up so it only works on high beam....I found myself blinding people with it on all the time

I also found that the LED strip is not bright enough so I used the Pro-One mirrors that look just like the Rivco on HDL and people have no problems seeing me now :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts