Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to move my wally world running lights off my turn signal screws - they're hanging under there now. It works fine and is very secure but I want to change it up a bit since I may be changing up the turn signal setup.

I'm thinking about putting them on the "clevis bolt" of my Kuryakyn Cruise Pegs and then wiring them up with some clever placement of chrome wire wrap..

Anyway, the clevis bolt appears to be just shy of an inch in diameter, so I was looking at these:
7/8" - 1" P Clamp
(of course, I will order them from DLP, cruisercustomizing just has a nice website to browse though :mrgreen:)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these P clamps and how accurate they are as far as the advertised diameter goes? Do they tend to run small and I should move up a size or are they spot on?

Thanks for any input !

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! and how did you find the sizing to be? What sizes did you order for what size bar?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic! Thanks!

I looked at your pictures, what kind of running lights are those/how did you mount them? Very clean set up! :thumbup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
The driving light are Kury Large bullets with the 35 watt stock bulbs and visors. I used a Kury mount that bolts under the headlight mount, but can't find it on their website anymore. I'm not particularly happy with the mounting bracket though and will probably switsh to the Kewl Metal ones so I can get my signals off the forks as well.

I put a silverstar bulb in the headlight so I don't need anymore light for distance (in fact I don't even need high beams now) so I use the kurys to light the first 50 feet in front of the bike more than for distance (pothole watch - it'sCanada afterall) so thev 35 watts is morethan adequate and I didn't need another fuse, just wired off the Honda light bar connection in the headlight.

The nicething about ther set-up is I can leave the running lights on all the time, no one flashes me to dim my lights but I have great visibilty from immediately in front of the bike out a few hundered feet.

Whatever you do, definitely spend the $15 on a Silverstar :)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the silverstar in there, it made a huuuge difference! Plus like you I have running lights (walmart $15 dollar ones) to light up the black spot left by the highbeam directly in front of me. They're mounted under the turn signals on the lens screw.. it's sturdy there but I don't care for the look anymore.

My big plan here is to send the walmart lights to the cruise pegs, that will make a "triangle" of light which I think will help people see me better at night.. I'm shooting for the "...what the hell is that thing???" look!

Then ditching the stock turn signals in place of something else, haven't decided yet. I REALLY like the idea of Hick's Nubie Bar that he posted pics of in the Chin thread. I'll see if I can jump on that or come up with some other kind of contraption.

I think I'm going to drop in an HID headlight kit, ~6000k color since VTXRICAN had such good results with it in a previous thread. And at 60 bucks delivered, I'm having a hard time passing on it!

Oh, and PS sweet color choice on the pearl white :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I bought two of the P-clamps to mount my WallyWorld lights on my engine guard. Here's a pic. I remember the sizing being accurate to what they advertised.

·
Registered
885 Posts
It's a NUDIE BAR damnit. Get it right folks.

Have you got a license for that "Nudie" bar!:shock:

And damnit is my middle name, so watch how you use it, Bud!

I'm tellin!.................................................... MOM!

Oh! and about the Kury clamps.
Got 2 sets of them on the forks, 1 for signals and 1 for driving lights.
They are sized and work well, but if you remove them a few times the allen screw heads will begin to strip.
The screws are a little soft, "OR" I maybe just tighten stuff a little to much.
Can't have stuff falling off, like some "other" brands of motorcycles.

Preparing for flames now!:yikes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts