Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting some kuryakyn stirrups and iso pegs on my wifes bike and am having some problems. No matter how tight I crank them down the stirrups still slip with littl heal pressure. Kuryakyn sent me new wounts with notches chisled into the mount, but they still slip. Anu suggestions short of welding. She loves the comfort, but need to sto them from moving. Thanks!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
J B Weld..or Hi Strenght Loctite. I have the Switchblades..they came loose once..used the Locite..been good for 15 months or so. If they come loose it's J B Weld ..but these are into their own mounts not the bike..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Use the RED Loc Tite (Red fluid type). I also run the Kury switchblades and they have not come loose on me either. My revco hi-way pegs have the same cone style like the kury's and they have not moved either with the red loc-tite. Also you will want to roughen up the chrome on the cone a bit with some sand paper. hope this helps you out bro. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not an issue of the bols loosening, it slips right out of the chute. I will loctite the bolt. I have also taken a cold chisel and a center punch to the bloody thing. I use the chisel on the male cone and wack some notches into it and then the center punch adds some dimples to the female part. Then I will tighten the $hit out of it. :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
what you also need to do is put some red loc-tite on the male cone then put it all together. When you tighten the two peices together the red loc-tite make one heck of a seal and will dry hard as a rock, then you should be good to go. This is coming from a Navy jet mechanic, "ME!!" 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts