Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow - it just went from absurd to ludicrous.

I ordered a Kuryakyn tall back rest and pad from HDL on April 17th. I finally got the backrest the first week of July... but the pad is still on back order. The good people at HDL keep following up on it for me and have informed me that Kury just pushed it back again.

My pad won't ship until September 30th. 175 days after I ordered it.

Is it just me, or is this a bit long?

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Yeah, I hate Kuryakyn, their quality sucks anyways.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Probably too late for this info but whenever you see a new product from Kury advertised as "available" some time in the future like July 2007 for example...add 3 to 12 months to that and you'll be in the ballpark of when it actually will be released. I cannot think of a time when they have EVER released a new product when they said they would.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Gundito said:
Wow - it just went from absurd to ludicrous.

I ordered a Kuryakyn tall back rest and pad from HDL on April 17th. I finally got the backrest the first week of July... but the pad is still on back order. The good people at HDL keep following up on it for me and have informed me that Kury just pushed it back again.

My pad won't ship until September 30th. 175 days after I ordered it.

Is it just me, or is this a bit long?
Yea, good luck w/ that. :roll:

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
nodakbassmaster said:
Have you checked with any other vendors to see if they have some in stock? might want to send that one back and find a source somewhere else...
+1 on that... there's so many other sites that stock some of that stuff. There's a good chance you could have it in a few days from someone else and cancel your existing order.

·
Registered
166 Posts
just ordered 25 different items ( for vtx w/ no electrical items) from kuryakyn on 7/31/07. ALL items were received before noon on 8/7/07! shipped via regular ups.
note, shipped complete!
thats not bad for any company.
rich

·
3,915 Posts
mr rich said:
just ordered 25 different items ( for vtx w/ no electrical items) from kuryakyn on 7/31/07. ALL items were received before noon on 8/7/07! shipped via regular ups.
note, shipped complete!
thats not bad for any company.
rich
Me too. I have nothing but, good to say about Kuryakin "so far". I can see where you'd be p1$$ed if you waited that long. But, all of these chrome pimp companies will eventually disappoint with delivery , order fulfillment or quality. And how do we respond... we order more of their $h1t for the bike. :roll: :?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I love every Kury part I have, never any problems, but they do suck at getting there stuff out there, and then they make some fork covers, and I wait for them, only to have them be discontinued, that got me made, but welcome to the world of bike parts for none Harleys. I have come to find, that some times its easier to make your own stuff, if you can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts