1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone that wanted it, here it is:

<TA DA>

<edited, have better pic to post later :D >

(okay, click on the link, it's a big pic).

The patch will measure 14.17 inches across and 11.02 inches tall. Price shipped to anyones door in the lower 48 states will be $70 (due to the fact that the gentleman that designed and made these lives over seas and our dollar exchange rate is not as good as it used to be). Right now this is a pre-order (you click, buy one, two, three, etcc..) this will last until April 24th. So if you want one, get it now. After that it will be about a 2 week turn around. So from about now you will have a patch in 3 weeks.

To order please click the "Buy Now" button on this page:

http://www.metalink.net/~bwaidelich/VTX.htm

Anybody outside of the United States please e-mail me at [email protected] to get shipping info.
Thanks Everyone
Nate

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, the thread is semi-reflective. It is not fully reflective but will provide a nice shine if hit with a light but it IS NOT classified as a fully reflective thread.
Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
437 Posts
that's exactly what i want, though if there was some way to get it with true reflective thread it would be worth the extra money. at least to me. thanks for doing all the work nate, you da man!

·
Registered
271 Posts
patch

Great job Nate and thankyou very much!
just ordered mine
thanks
john

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just ordered mine. Thanks Nate.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, the reason it's not fully reflective is the area of the thread, to get a fully reflective thread would be outragouesly expensive to have done (talking triple digits), but the reflectiveness of the thread that is there I think will work and catch peoples attention (especially since it's 14x11, or about 150 square inches).

Also, I just want everyone to know that I'm basically the importer of these patches. Normunds is the designer of these patches. I'm importing them from overseas (Normunds place) and sending them to you. I am making NO money from this, I just want a patch like this and the only way is if I get 25 or more (only way I could get Normunds to start making these patches again). So the deal is, you guys pre-order from me, I order 25 no matter what (hopefully, there will be enough that I won't have to buy more than just one for myself) and then I will ship them USPS Priority mail to you. Thanks for the compliments, I do appreciate them but give props to Normunds also please 8)
Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Natedog,

Thanx for the explanation, I appreciate your time in answering my question!

Even though J1mmyj4m implied I didn't like your patch, I want to assure you and anyone else that took my question negatively, that I never even had a thought that the patch was an "inferior" item. I was just continuing the search for a fully reflective patch. To say it simply… You have been able to succeed in offering a very nice patch, larger than any I have found and from the pic it appears to be excellent quality AND the only one that has any reflectivity in the patch. Not only that but is at a fair price!

I have been looking for a fully reflective patch now for several months, but the few places I have requested a quote from stated they would not do just one. Not interested at all even when I offered much more money. I was well into the triple digits. They stated they did not want to do a fully reflective patch for just one person. Only interested in 25 plus orders. I didn’t think anyone would pay those high cost and did not want to go through all the effort that you are willing to put on yourself through I never followed through with any of them. Thank you for all your efforts.

I appreciate your extended answer and agree with your decision as to reflectivity vs. what people are willing to pay for a patch.

I have just placed the order for one. If you are not able to get the 25, and if my buying one more will help, let me know as I have an idea to use one on the canvas portion of my tent trailer that I pull behind my bike. Think it would be nice at Sturgis. That idea stems from my checking as to getting a custom flag with the outline/VTX or something similar to ”fly” so everyone knows what I ride (For Sturgis, of coarse). Either on the bike or trailer or ???

Also please send along my Thanx to Normunds.

Again Thanx,

Gary

·
Registered
8,588 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
wildabouthorses said:
Cruzr this is the most reflective patch I've found. I got one from a bike show meet. I bought it for the horse design and afterwards the guy told me "you do know its reflective?" I said "cool even better!" he's got em in a couple of sizes. I have a huge one on my jeans jacket and a large one on my vest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7&tc=photo
Guess I should have been more specific. I was looking for something similar to what Natedog is selling. I have some very nice outlines of the patch and was sending them out with a copy of the WA St patch, which is similar. Just really like the reflective white and silver and I think it would make for a great patch at night. Plus the safety factor. When I rode my first bike, a Harley Sportster, I had a great semi-reflective black jacket with reflective white and silver edgings. When the headlights hit the jacket, it look kinda ghostly…

I really think the horse patch you got is a nice lookin’ one. Must be really nice when lit up!

Thanx,
Gary

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the kind words Cruzr and I will pass that on to Normunds.
Thanks guys for making this happen.
Later
Nate

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TASSY5 said:
What about getting it in a Red Stitching?? Is that an option?

"How about a warm glass of shut the hell up?" - Happy Gilmore

Hehe, just joking. Sorry but that is the patch that you will have to take it or leave it. Me and the designer are talking about bringing another patch in small quantities but not until we get this run for this VTX Patch done.
Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey, Nate!

Just paypal'ed ya! :D Can't wait to put it on my vest! Thanks again for your efforts!
Ride Free!
Rex

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Natedog said:
TASSY5 said:
What about getting it in a Red Stitching?? Is that an option?

"How about a warm glass of shut the hell up?" - Happy Gilmore

Hehe, just joking. Sorry but that is the patch that you will have to take it or leave it. Me and the designer are talking about bringing another patch in small quantities but not until we get this run for this VTX Patch done.
Thanks
Nate
LOL :lol: :lol: No problem, I understand.
Thanks NATE

1 - 20 of 38 Posts