Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen larger windshields advertised (like the Clearview 26") that would be taller and wider than my stock Hondaline windshield. Has anyone tried something like this, and does it affect the amount of air that hits the passenger at all? I keep getting complaints from the wife about the amount of air hitting her face.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Super Moderator
64,344 Posts
I had the Clearview on the X and am getting one for the new Road Glide. They are thicker than the Honda glass and as you know, you can get them taller and/or wider and they are much better than the Honda glass. Well worth the cost if you ask me. I didn't, however, have a passenger98% of the time so I can't comment on that aspect

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the larger clearview attached to Honda mounts. When I put in Progressive front springs I actually had to lower the shield. It DOES get rid of a lot of head buffeting and does what I wanted it to do. I purchased the shield from a VTX'er in St Joe, Mo used. I also installed lowers to almost toallly block the swirl. I can actually smoke behind it but it allows things to get sucked from my shirt pockets so nothing is perfect.

It is worth the $ and I saw one advertised in the 1800 classified for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Short of a 4X8 sheet of plexiglass I'm not familar w/any shield that'll help out the pillion rider...........

G

·
Clearview is the way to go if you already have the hardware.
There is a 4 to 6 week wait right now on some shields.
Checkout their site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.