Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I have a 2006 VTX1300s. I would like to change the rear tire and put on a larger one, but need to know what is the largest size that will fit on the S? The dealer wouldnt tell me for "safety" reasons, so here I am. Appreciate it much and have a great day.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Find a new dealer... If he thinks he has to treat you like a child for your own protection, you don't need him. As far as the tire question goes I can't tell you for certain but I think a 200 is as big as you can go on a stock rim and I think the fender will handle a 210 on a 1800 rim with a "foots" mod done on it. I could be wrong but I'm sure someone else will give ya better info soon.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
cowboyman said:
Howdy. I have a 2006 VTX1300s. I would like to change the rear tire and put on a larger one, but need to know what is the largest size that will fit on the S? The dealer wouldnt tell me for "safety" reasons, so here I am. Appreciate it much and have a great day.
Try switching brands; just going up a size or two on those stock rims will not change the look.The rim is just too narrow! Try Avon or Metzler, using the stock size looks much wider than the wimpy factory Dunlops............................... :D Rod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts