Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a damaged leatherlyke bag that they can't use? I just need one of the rubber grommets. Today we purchased a used 2003 VTX 1300R for my wife. It came with Leatherlyke Cross Country bags but I just noticed one of the rubber grommets that attaches the left side bag to the rear metal nipple is missing. The bag is still held in place by the cotter pin but there is some play in it and water will definately get in there. I'll give Leatherlyke a call on Monday but thought I would check here first.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
313 Posts
CALL THEM

LeatherLyke: Bulverde, TX 1-800-594-2008

Really nice folks to deal with. VERY helpful.

Get a BIG tube of silicone lubricant at an auto parts store. Those little "foil packs" are [email protected] for .000001oz. A 4 oz. tube, which should last 200 years, is $5-$7. Keep the posts and grommets well-lubed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: CALL THEM

Bouxdaddy said:

Get a BIG tube of silicone lubricant at an auto parts store. Those little "foil packs" are [email protected] for .000001oz. A 4 oz. tube, which should last 200 years, is $5-$7. Keep the posts and grommets well-lubed.
Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: CALL THEM

Bouxdaddy said:

You're right, they we very helpful. I just got off the phone with them and they're going to send a new one out right away. Any they wouldn't let me pay for it! What a great company!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great

Glad they were as great as always.

They are the only bags I will use. I have posted this before, but several years ago, there was a change in design of the RoadStar. The distributor sent my (former) stealer the old-style bags. When I found they didn't fit, the dealer AND the distributor said "Not my problem." YES IT IS, ICE HULLS!! YOU DELIVERED THE WRONG MERCHANDISE"

Desperate, I called LeatherLyke. They immediately sent me out new bags. Overnight. They kept apologizing,and they had done nothing wrong. Then they sent me a return ticket for the old ones.

As far as the bags go, I have since had many on my bikes, my wife's bikes, and my 2 older sons' bikes, and never a problem

Remember to keep those posts and grommets lubed and the grommets will stay on. If you want to glue the new grommet into the bag, you might get some 3M Black Weatherstrip Adhesive and put a tiny circle of adhesive inside the groove with a toothpick before installing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts