Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been a day of cooling off for me, because anytime you speak in anger or frustration you don’t portray the real person that we all hope we are. Last night I got caught up in something I don’t normally do and that caused me make a fool out of myself in front of my friends. As you all know I started the thread “Color Issues,” Let’s have some fun” That was what it was intended to do was have some fun. We have all taken pride in our choice of bike colors and we all should. We post the “fastest color,” “chick magnet,” “coolest color,” and so on. This thread had 99 posts and 1111 views. I think or at least I hope everyone got a kick out of it. What no one knows is Eddie and I were cooking up these things with PM’s between us and then when the fun post had about run its course we decided to get up the black bashing thread (67 posts and 1155 views) with Eddie writing the intro. Now Eddie and I have been teasing each other for quite a while and we just thought why not invite everyone in on the fun. My plans to go to Myrtle Beach have been in place since March or sooner. I even posted on the Carolina X riders board my schedule to be there and let’s have a meet and greet. As far as Eddie and I having a race, well hell yes we can have one. Were we going to charge anyone, well hell yes if they would pay, would they, if we ran naked maybe. (Don’t even go there) I guess we all got caught up in this thread and some like txvtx1300 maybe believed we were going to have a large crowd to see two old fools drag race for the sake of a bike color or model. While composing this I checked the thread and see that txvtx1300 has written an apology that I don’t deserve and shows what a good man he is. I would to like to apologize to him and the other members of this board that I offended. I have seen too many arguments on the general and otb and there is never a winner. Now can we get back to having fun and being good to one another. Let’s see, how about a thread about…….
Bigdog

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dang it Big Dog, my hat is off to you. It takes a real man to make a public apology and that's cool of you to do so. We all suffer from this on occasion with the internet as a medium, as you can't really tell the context of how people are talking, there are no facial expressions, and tone of voice, so we all at one time or another take something at face value instead of how the other person may have ment it. I myself have been responsible for blowingup on people at this and my other forum that I practially live at. The nice thing is that the people on a forum all have common interests and as such are usually quick to forgive each other and the guys on this forum and my other forum are usually very understanding to our friends online. I'm glad you took time to cool and I look foward to readingmany more posts by you.

BTW, the fastest bikes are the C models with the limited paintcolors, makes them a little faster than the "stock"paints :D

George

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I thought I was going to leave for a while to, SSSHHi++ yeah lasted a couple of weeks. Glad your black. :lol:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bigdog --

I had read the first several posts on the other thread (I didn't know that it had gotten a little ugly until just now). For what it's worth, I thought the portion of it that existed when I last checked it out was some of the funniest stuff I'd ever seen on this board. It seemed clear to me that you and Eddie must know each other and were basically kidding around. Some of your lines actually had me laughing out loud.
I'm sorry to hear that it took a turn for the worse after I last checked it out, but it would be a disappointment if you left the board...you'd be taking a lot of entertainment value away with you!
Class move on the written apology.

-- Rich

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Well done , your a class act Bigdog. Thanks for hanging out.

Whew that was close thought I was gonna have to paint the bike to get you to stay.............LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
BigDog, You are, truely, a class act. You've set an example, for all of us. I hope others follow suit.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Personally, I was kinda hoping Bigdog 1 had left. We don't need no stinking black C models on this board.

:-D

Eddie

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eddiecohen said:
Personally, I was kinda hoping Bigdog 1 had left. We don't need no stinking black C models on this board.

:-D

Eddie
evil minds seem to work 24/7 :p

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
warden said:
Well done , your a class act Bigdog. Thanks for hanging out.

Whew that was close thought I was gonna have to paint the bike to get you to stay.............LOL
you can still come over to the "dark side"

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everyone, let's don't forget txvtx1300 he's the one who really stepped up, besides he rides black :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Bigdog 1 and txvtx1300. We're all in good company.
Red and yellow, black or white, all are precious in His site ....

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was so torn that I painted mine RED and BLACK. I figure mine must be fastest now for sure. Especially when I get the ORANGE and SILVER pinstripping on it. I think I'll have it covered. It's on 04 so the blue this year don't count.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Irony

I find it ironic that you apologize to this guy for my own personal reasons, however, I commend you for doing that. Keep it lighthearted and have fun!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Multi-Color

VTXScooby said:
I was so torn that I painted mine RED and BLACK. I figure mine must be fastest now for sure. Especially when I get the ORANGE and SILVER pinstripping on it. I think I'll have it covered. It's on 04 so the blue this year don't count.
What about blurple?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts